PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery Odor?

Pages : [1] 2

danforz
03-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey guys, any OTC recommendations for removing marijuanas odors from upholstery? Got a detail with this issue on Sat. Thinking Megs APC + rub + vacuum. Anything else?

mcnab
03-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Unless you have access to an O-Zone machine...I think that`s a good start....Make sure you do a good job on the headliner, it will trap a lot of that smell...

As a side note...You have to hotbox a car A LOT to get it to CONSTANTLY smell like Marijuana...These guys / gals must be regular midnight tokers to get the vehicle smelling like that.... Scary that they drive that way too :S

danforz
03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Unless you have access to an O-Zone machine...I think that`s a good start....Make sure you do a good job on the headliner, it will trap a lot of that smell...

As a side note...You have to hotbox a car A LOT to get it to CONSTANTLY smell like Marijuana...These guys / gals must be regular midnight tokers to get the vehicle smelling like that.... Scary that they drive that way too :S

Thanks for the heads up. Whats a headliner?

mcnab
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
The headliner is the material covering the roof of the inside of the vehicle.

Be carefull not to over-saturate the material when you`re cleaning it as it can end up sagging the headliner.

Changeling
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Once you have cleaned the interior, spray some "Febreze" on the upholstery

this will go a long way towards getting totally rid of the smell.

Changeling

joshtpa
03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
:think2 Did I really hear a detailer not know what a headliner is?

danforz
03-09-2007, 03:18 AM
Once you have cleaned the interior, spray some "Febreze" on the upholstery

this will go a long way towards getting totally rid of the smell.

Changeling

Was thinking about doing that as well. Thanks for the heads up guys!

What about odor eaters? Like spraying something into the AC and leaving it on for a while? In fact, on my own car, I have a musky odor that comes out of the AC vents... and the thing is new!

jtford95
03-09-2007, 04:46 AM
I would try ozoium spray for your vents and interior. It will kill the smoke odor for you.

jtford95
03-09-2007, 04:47 AM
I would try ozoium spray for your vents and interior. It will kill the smoke odor for you.:bounce

imported_Grouse
03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I would try ozoium spray for your vents and interior. It will kill the smoke odor for you.:bounce

funny you sould say that.

I am doing an S8 this next week that has been bombed with ozioum (a crack pot product IMHO) 3 times.

The steps will me

Ozone for 12 hours,Air hour,

ascess odor,

Ozone for 12 hours.

Air out

Interior, clean:

• carpets,

• dash,

• headliner,

• trim,

• seats,

• under seats,

• storage bins,

• card trays,

• cup holders,

• steering column,

• rear window area,

• trunk, and

• engine bay.

Set up air movers for drying.

dry for 2 days.

Assess odor.

Ozone for 12 hours

air out

Reclean above items.

Condition above.

Protect above.

Total time 5 days.

brwill2005
03-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Ozone for 12 hours? What type of odor are you trying to get rid of. Usually an ozone machine only needs to be run in a car for an hour at the most to build up the correct concentration to destroy the odor. I would be worried about damage to rubber, plastic, and vinly parts.

RTexasF
03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Don`t forget the trunk! It will trap odors which seep back into the cabin if you don`t treat it also.

imported_Grouse
03-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Ozone for 12 hours? What type of odor are you trying to get rid of. Usually an ozone machine only needs to be run in a car for an hour at the most to build up the correct concentration to destroy the odor. I would be worried about damage to rubber, plastic, and vinly parts.

Well it all depends on the concentration and machine your using. I have allways had much better luck with Ozoning over a longer period of time at a much lower setting than Ozoning for a short period of time at a high setting.

I`ll give you this caveat. My ozone exp is a bakers dozen rv`s and a ton of homes. Th size is considerably different in those instances.

brwill2005
03-09-2007, 11:26 AM
This time you are working on a car, correct? I can definitely understand an RV or an actual house. I submitted a proposal to do a townhouse with my small machine. With my formula, I think the ozone was going to run continuously for 36 hours or so. I still would think a regular sized car would not need more than 2 hours or so to turn the air over x amount of times. I am not questioning your knowledge, just thinking that 12 hours could be harmful to the materials in such a small size area.

imported_Grouse
03-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I agree, if it was at 100%. I plan on scaling it down to 25%.