PDA

View Full Version : The Edge system cost.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Changeling
03-07-2007, 03:43 PM
The idea of the edge system sounds very compelling at first, and it is a great idea, but at what cost!

This is not a product review, but a "Cost" review.

I went to AG (March 7, 2007) and found the following prices.

This is for the PC only: Drive adapter $18.00

The edge pads all cost the same for 5 different pad blends. witch is $18.00 per pad!

Each pad has 2 sides that you can use, which equals two regular pads .

For the adapter and 1 each of the 5 pads = $108.00

Thereafter each pad will cost you $18.00 .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you can buy bulk regular pads for the PC for $5.00 each or less the edge system starts to look a little different.

Make up your own minds.

changeling

Mikeyc
03-07-2007, 06:35 PM
I got the Edge 6" pad kit from Autogeek . . .

The Edge Dual Action 6 Inch Kit includes The Edge 2000 DuraFoam Pads & a dual action Edge Adapter. edge foam pads, double side pads, polishing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-polishing-kit.html)

It`s $99 for the adapter, all five pads, XMT Pad Conditioner, XMT Pad Cleaner, 2 Cobra MF bonnets, and 2 Cobra Super Plush Deluxe MFs. It was a pretty good deal IMO and you can save 10% by using the Autopia discount or get free shipping by using the Autogeek Forums discount.

If I need to replace some pads I might get them from Ben at Perfecar. Last time I looked at his site I remember he had great prices on Edge pads, but that was when he first became a sponsor here. They may have changed since then.

holland_patrick
03-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Let`s add that with that one addapter you can use both 6 inch and 4 inch pads..

Oh and if you were to just get a rotary adapter you could use all three set`s of pads 8,6,4 if needed.

also the speed of the system is something else to consider..

I did make up my mind...

I live on the edge..

pair of Blazers
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I got the Edge 6" pad kit from Autogeek . . .

The Edge Dual Action 6 Inch Kit includes The Edge 2000 DuraFoam Pads & a dual action Edge Adapter. edge foam pads, double side pads, polishing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-polishing-kit.html)

It`s $99 for the adapter, all five pads, XMT Pad Conditioner, XMT Pad Cleaner, 2 Cobra MF bonnets, and 2 Cobra Super Plush Deluxe MFs. It was a pretty good deal IMO and you can save 10% by using the Autopia discount or get free shipping by using the Autogeek Forums discount.

If I need to replace some pads I might get them from Ben at Perfecar. Last time I looked at his site I remember he had great prices on Edge pads, but that was when he first became a sponsor here. They may have changed since then.

I did the same thing plus I bought a few other things (OP,OPS, Fleetwax) now if it would just get warmer out I could go play w/new toys.snowed here today too:hairpull .

imported_Nimble
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM
You must not have read my recent thread! ;)

I`m getting a kick outta this, trust me.

wannafbody
03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
5 Edge pads = 10 single sided pads. That cuts the cost to $9 per side of Edge pad. That seems to be pretty much equal or slightly less than other pads.

Mikeyc
03-07-2007, 10:47 PM
You must not have read my recent thread! ;)

I`m getting a kick outta this, trust me.

I saw on Autogeek`s forums that those pads are on clearance. That`s why the price is so low. They are no longer carrying the LC flat pads.

Also, not everyone shops solely based on price. My customer service experiences with Lake Country have led me to using Edge pads. Great customer service and peace of mind because I know the company stands behind their product 110% is worth a dollar or two per pad to me. Also, there are the other advantages in terms of speed and versatility already mentioned in this thread. Finally, I find the PC vibrates noticeably less with Edge pads due to the automatic centering. My hands used to get numb from long polishing sessions, but not anymore. All these things are worth something IMO.

If you want to shop based solely on price. Go ahead, you get what you pay for in my experience. ;)

imported_Nimble
03-07-2007, 11:33 PM
If you want to shop based solely on price. Go ahead, you get what you pay for in my experience. ;)

Right, top quality LC pads for 5 bucks. :chuckle:

Junebug
03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
I`m happy for you.

MoneyPit
03-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Every, yes every, non-edge pad I`ve ever used has has the backing material seperate at some point and eventually renders the pad useless. That`s why I switched to Edge...

BobD
03-08-2007, 01:29 PM
The Edge 2000 6" DA Starter Package (http://www.danase.com/ed206dastpa.html)

Create Your Own Custom Edge 2000 6" DA Package! (http://www.danase.com/cryoowncued2.html)

Blink21Me
03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
the Edge 2000 System is worth it... I have 4 edge pads, and I also have 2 regular pads that I use on a backing plate which even with the aligning tool, it vibrates pretty bad... The Edge pad is completely balanced and does not vibrate at all even if I put the rotary on speed 6... Edge system is easier to use and is more convinient, plus the double sided is really beneficial... I am lucky that I bought the Edge pads for ~$11 each from Chemical guys when they were on sale...

imported_GMCloud27
03-08-2007, 02:04 PM
I am lucky that I bought the Edge pads for ~$11 each from Chemical guys when they were on sale...

Now THAT is a good price for Edge pads! :hifive:

coupe
03-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Automatic centering

Less vibration

Backing wont fall off (there is non....duh)

Switch pads very quickly

Pads are 2 in 1

You can use all sizes 4" 6" 8" pads

Someone please explain to me why Edge pads arent worth the price?

imported_Nimble
03-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Automatic centering

Less vibration

Backing wont fall off (there is non....duh)

Switch pads very quickly

Pads are 2 in 1

You can use all sizes 4" 6" 8" pads

Someone please explain to me why Edge pads arent worth the price?

Those are nice qualities in a pad set up, I`m sure I`ll grab a Edge set up soon. You know, once I stop buying junk and being a cheapskate. Well for now, at least Junebug is happy for me, he`s so clever. :idea