PDA

View Full Version : Alright so i need something a little more abrasive than ZPC...

Skyhawk
03-07-2007, 01:50 AM
...but not too abrasive. I have a 98 Trans Am convertible, and the paint is in pretty good condition (i get compliments on it all the time) but theres a few areas that could use some help. My cat loves to jump on my hood when im home, and its so slick that she will end up sliding down the hood and leave some nice scratch marks. :angry

And theres also minor swirling on the rest of the car, with some moderate swirls in some areas, but nothing really too major. The worst is the scratches made by the cat, which just piss me off b/c theres nothing i can do to stop it. But im wanting to fix it when i go home for Spring Break here in a week.

So im looking for a product to use thats more abrasive than ZPC, but not too abrasive. I have a PC that would be using to apply the product. So im looking for something that i can use, and then follow with ZPC, Z-5, and then Z-2 followed by Z-8.

LastDetail
03-07-2007, 02:30 AM
I really like the SSR line from poorboys. Try SSR1 and if that doesn`t work just step it up.

Then kill the cat.:bolt

gmblack3
03-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Menzerna Intensive Polish

If ZPC is not going to cut it, then neither will SSR1.

Skyhawk
03-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah ive heard good stuff about that Merenza IP. If i were to get that, what kind of pads should i get to go with it? And what speed should i use it on?

Also, what pads/speed should i use with the Z-PC to follow up?

gmblack3
03-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Do you have any pads now?

Skyhawk
03-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Do you have any pads now?Just the Sonus pads that came with the kit...

imported_memnuts
03-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Menzerna Intensive Polish

If ZPC is not going to cut it, then neither will SSR1.

Ditto!:bow

I used IP on my black Z28, also on my C5`s when necessary, followed by Z-PC or FP. Worked great.

Some areas on the Z28 needed the Meg`s burgundy cutting pad (PC) but most blemishes were eliminated by using a polishing pad (PC) and patience. Rotary required only a polishing pad.

imported_JoshVette
03-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Don`t mean to burst your bubble, but if a cat left scratch down the hood, they you are going to need something real aggresive ecspecially on a GM hard clearcoat.

You better try something like Menzerna Power Gloss, or IP or 3M 39002 with a harsh pad as well. If bad enough wetsanding will be necassary.

good luck with it, post some pics up so we can give you more accurate advise.

Skyhawk
03-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Don`t mean to burst your bubble, but if a cat left scratch down the hood, they you are going to need something real aggresive ecspecially on a GM hard clearcoat.

You better try something like Menzerna Power Gloss, or IP or 3M 39002 with a harsh pad as well. If bad enough wetsanding will be necassary.

good luck with it, post some pics up so we can give you more accurate advise.well theyre not really like deep scratches, you can only see them in the light, but i guess i wont know how tough they are until i try something on them.

If they dont come out the cat is dead. I just had that hood repainted b/c something hit it on the interstate. :mad: