PDA

View Full Version : Freshly Washed 2007 WRX

Pages : [1] 2

ty webb
03-06-2007, 06:49 PM
The car is only a month old, so I haven`t done much other than wash and spray down occasionally with Meguier`s NXT Quick Detailer spray, but I still thought I`d show her off anyway.

The last picture shows an aftermarket aluminum skid plate I`ve installed to keep road grime out of the engine bay and obstacles away from my oil pan.

Thomas Dekany
03-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Nice car! You are lucky in that the paint can easily be corrected with a pc. :up

ty webb
03-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Not sure what you mean - are you referring to the color? I`ve heard that Subaru paint isn`t the best. By the way, the color is Satin White Pearl.

I feel bad looking at these pics, they really don`t do the car justice and don`t compare favorably with some of the pictures others have taken on this site. Looks like I`m going to have to put a little effort in and perhaps use a tripod. :work:

Ryan314
03-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Looking good... I am a fellow WRX owner :)

Thomas Dekany
03-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Not sure what you mean - are you referring to the color? I`ve heard that Subaru paint isn`t the best. By the way, the color is Satin White Pearl.

I feel bad looking at these pics, they really don`t do the car justice and don`t compare favorably with some of the pictures others have taken on this site. Looks like I`m going to have to put a little effort in and perhaps use a tripod. :work:

I meant ANY color subaru can be corrected (removing swirls) easily. with a PC. Just keep it well protected (wax) at all times.

Monte78Carlo2k1
03-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Nice looking car you got there. I really like the new design of the WRX.

thesacrifice
03-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Oooh Rallyarmor!! Me too :) They were absolutely neccessary when I went with wider wheels/tires, although stuff still gets slung onto my doors over the top of them. Go stage 2 asap, it`s night and day :)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i129/thesacrifice/IMG_03071_filtered.jpg

Scottwax
03-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Great looking car! :)

Definitely get some wax on it though, really needs to be the first thing you do when you buy a new car.

ty webb
03-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone. I do plan on doing Stage 2, but I`ve been waiting to see what happens over at Bushur Racing with their new stuff.

So you think I should wax it this soon? I just put in an order for some MF towels and supplies from Pakshack, but haven`t gone ahead with any products yet. I`ve been reading a ton on this site, but still haven`t figured out exactly what would be best for my car (it has taken me a few days just to get past all the acronyms used - it was a little intimidating at first). The car is outside all the time, so I need something durable. Then again, I don`t mind putting on a fresh coat every other month or so. What do you fellow WRX`ers prefer?

klnyc
03-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Very nice and clean for now.

Hey, how much is the skidpad?

holland_patrick
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I`ll have to say that I believe the subaru baords are a bunch of whiners when it comes to paint.. unless my baja has some Ubber paint that i don`t know about.. I have a small amoutn of pock marks from driving and in the northeast that`s no small feat. I`ve had my baja for 2 years and 50k now and i beleive with proper washing and sealing/waxing my paint holds up fine.

On while you could good with klass aio/sg combo for winter..

Upp and Pinnincle II for summer

ty webb
03-07-2007, 12:07 PM
klnyc, the skidplate was right around $275 with shipping and handling, but that included the cost of a rear differential guard. I bought it from Primitive Racing. The front plate 1/8" thick, and the rear guard is 3/16" thick. The underside of the car is pretty much indestructible now, and the rear guard is so strong you can jack the car up using it. I want to add a clearbra to the car, and then I think I`ll have all the exterior armor I`ll need, now I just need to decide on my chemical armor, which I`ve started a thread in the main forum to help me decide.

sixty7mustang22
03-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Looks like that WRX is offo to a happy, clean life.:goodjob

Shelpster66
03-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Not sure I understand the need for a skidplate.....doesn`t that add a bunch of weight or is it lightweight aluminum?

The type of racing I do, I try to remove everything I can before I run!!! :)

Very nice car BTW....love the suby`s

thesacrifice
03-07-2007, 04:05 PM
My WRX loves Optimum Poliseal topped with Duragloss Aquawax or Jeff Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger.....

I`m doing a comparison test with Poliseal + Aquawax against ZAIO and CS right now, as of now they look way too similiar so durability will be the true measure.