PDA

View Full Version : Any Zymol Red Rouge fans?

GTOGIRL3000
03-06-2007, 02:08 PM
So I`ve decided its time for a change on my detailing shelf, I`ve always used Meg`s but I wanted to try something new.

My car has non-clear coated red factory paint, and I found Zymol`s Red wax specially made for use with non-clear reds. Sounds like a winner for me! For my sping cleaning, my plans were to cleanse, clay and wax with the Zymol. I`ve heard Zymol isn`t very durable, but my car is garage kept and maybe gets driven 5K miles a year. It`s still wearing the factory 13 y.o paint, and looks spectacular! I just want to keep it that way ;) Since I`m a newb with a buffer, I`d prefer to wax by hand and if I read correctly....this is a hand wax only.

Now since I will need to wax with the Zymol more than once this year, do I need to repeat the entire process again, or can I just use the wax alone whenever it feels like it needs a fresh coat?

Is there anything i can use with this wax to make it last longer?

Thanks for your help!

-Jackie

lbls1
03-06-2007, 02:17 PM
You will not go wrong with Zymol, so try it and see what you think of it. The belief of zymol having a short duration IMO is a myth, because I have used different Zymols for a few years, and I have found it to have good durability.

Their red wax has been on the market for awhile; For a moment I was thinking "Red Rouge" was a new wax. Compare it to the last wax you were using as well, to see if you notice an improvement.

IMO I don`t think that you would improve your results or durability by adding things to the wax, but you can experiment to see if you can get results either by itself or with other products.

Edit: Once you go with the big clean (wash, polish at varying stages of aggressiveness, paint clean, then the zymol lsp), you will only need to continue putting a coat of the zymol on. On average, you can continue to add wax for 6 months or up to one year if you are dilligent in keeping the car clean. It is good practice to re-clean the paint of all the waxes and start new once a year or anytime you want to try a new wax.

GTOGIRL3000
03-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Bumping this thread.....any other opinions on this wax?

maxi
03-07-2007, 02:18 PM
IMO zymol have very good durablity and best wax for me .

more more clarity than any wax , for red color use concourse .

GTOGIRL3000
03-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Well I picked up my Zymol red wax yesterday! :D

I don`t think I`ve never smelled anything so good before! It smells like watermelon http://www.3si.org/forum/images/smilies/new/yum.gif !!

I`ll be sure to put up before and after pics, now all I need is some warmer weather!

Mr 535i
06-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Pics? Please!