PDA

View Full Version : How to park smart

Pages : [1] 2

BMW335i
03-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Lets discuss ways of parking strategically so we prevent dings.

I always find out that after my effort of trying to give the next guy ample room he ends up parking 1 foot away from my door. Makes me crazy. :grrr

Kriminal
03-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Always make sure you`re last in line - that way you only got a 50% chance of somebody swinging their door open into yer car.

Never park next to a car which has a child seat in it....the Mother`s don`t care - there hands are already full so hell, let`s just swing open the rear door to put the toddler in the seat.

Never park OVER a line to get 2 spaces....it pisses people off even more, and they`ll do their best in their rust-buckets to get that damn space you`ve taken !

Don`t park on gravel....some dumba$$ will only drive past you like a rally driver and spray your car with stones

That`s all I can think off for now :dance

Way2SSlow
03-06-2007, 01:56 PM
I look for curb spots myself. Then I park as close as I can to the curb. This leaves only one side of your car vulnerable to assault by careless idiots.

imported_DieselMDX
03-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I look for curb spots myself. Then I park as close as I can to the curb. This leaves only one side of your car vulnerable to assault by careless idiots.

same here good idea

imported_CkretAjint
03-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Don`t be affraid to walk! Yuo have 2 legs and they work (I hope). Park out a little ways from everyone else at the local shopping center. Less door dings, and more exercise. Can`t beat that!

NEVER EVER EVER EVER park next to the cart coral at the supermarket. VERY bad idea!

If you MUST park within the crowd. Try and park next to 4 door cars. They have shorter doors and are less likely to hit your car then a 2 door car would be.

Seankf1105
03-06-2007, 05:03 PM
This leaves only one side of your car vulnerable to assault by careless idiots.

:har: good idea

TriumphGT6
03-06-2007, 05:57 PM
I park a distance out, taking one space. Preferably a curb spot.

If I have to park near someone, I make sure they have a really clean, dingless car. If they waxed it and made sure the interior is nice, odds are they aren`t going to ding me.

BMW335i
03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
I park a distance out, taking one space. Preferably a curb spot.

If I have to park near someone, I make sure they have a really clean, dingless car. If they waxed it and made sure the interior is nice, odds are they aren`t going to ding me.

Gosh, I wish I had that luxury. Every car at my school is either really ugly, or really old and rusted with dings over every square inch.

Tasty
03-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Great strategies on here. I use them all. The car seat thing is so true. Don`t park next to minivans either, because inevitably the youngest kid who is just old enough to ride in the front seat will always open the door until it is stopped by the side of your car. I have seen that SO many times. How can people not have a ****ing clue when it comes to putting a door ding in someone else`s ride. I truly feel they should be killed. Along with anyone who steals or keys a car.

Whitethunder46
03-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Parking next to a curb is prolly the best thing you can do.

Definitely never take up two spaces, ESPECIALLY if the parking lot is full or will be full. I even hate it when people do this.

Parking farther out is a good idea, but don`t be parking 1000000 miles away, just a handful of spots is far enough. Parking to far away will envoke people to "ding" your car. Everyone knows why you are parking so far away, so don`t make it so bluntly obvious.

I don`t mind parking inbetween cars, however, I try my absolute best to not park between 2dr. coupes.

seracis
03-07-2007, 02:15 AM
The way I see it, if I park next to the cart corral, MOST of the nearby carts will be in the corral. The only stray carts I see are not near a corral the lazy people just leave them instead of walking a little bit to be courteous. But then again, my car is NOT autopia material. It has more paint chips and scratches than I can stand to wax/seal over, but it has 170K, purrs like a kitten, gets great MPG, and it`s paid for. My next car (newer model Acura TL hopefully) will be shown a great deal more care in parking lots.

LouisanaJeeper
03-07-2007, 12:59 PM
never take up more than 1 space, even if you are 700 yards out in the lot, lol

CoryB
03-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I found this site (http://www.parkingbydesign.com/index.html) a while back. He`s got some good ideas and strategies. I`d actually used them for quite a while before I found his site.

pgp
03-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Lets see....

Park drivers side to curb, if you can drive thru. That was most cars will pull straight in and pass side is facing your car.

I think 4dr cars are bad because of the arch on the rear door; It`s somewhat pointed.

Park up hill from the cart corrall

what everyelse said...

azenthusiast
03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I have a few techniques. First, unless there`s a girl in the car, I park as far away as possible (If I had a Vette or something, I`d still park as far away as possible even with a girl lol). Next, I try to find the spot between a curb and a light post. If that`s not an option, find a car that it appears is very well maintained. Finally, at school, I park next to my friends who enjoy their cars so I know they wont hit me.