PDA

View Full Version : Web Site Search Position

imported_Shaun Carollo
03-06-2007, 12:11 PM
How do you all ensure you get the top search results? I design my own website and think that I can improve my position; I just don`t know how to do it. I already have a lot of meta tags inbedded into all of my pages, here they all are:

Professional, Mobile, Detailing, Polishing, Wax, Waxing, Interior, Exterior, Detailer, Plymouth, Canton, Novi, Northville, Birmingham, Rochester Hills, Farmington, Farmington Hills, Royal Oak, Metro, Detroit, Glazing, Automobile, Boat, Watercraft, Motorcycle, Motorhome, RV, Detailed, Car, wayne county

I guess I could add more nearby cities, along with their zip codes, but is this thorough enough? I need to improve my search results, I can`t have these hack shops stealing up all the detail searching bandwidth!

Envious Eric
03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
your homepage is set to yahoo just to let you know...in your profile, dont know if you knew that or not...

imported_Shaun Carollo
03-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Didn`t think I was allowed to post my site in my profile so if it isn`t allowed please forgive me but...UPDATED.

Envious Eric
03-06-2007, 03:10 PM
yeah that is the only place you can have it linked...other places like in your signature cant have it...at least not linked...

but what about those search engine companies who say that "you pay us $xxx, and we`ll make sure your website is the first to come up on the list of searches" Have you used any of those?

and just sit down and create a whole bunch of keywords and implement all those in your website...one of them is bound to hit when someone searches...

imported_Shaun Carollo
03-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I`ve never wanted to try any of those pay per click deals. Don`t know how successful that marketing campaign could be. You don`t hear much about it on the boards at least.

Well how about we create a master list for everybody to use? I know city and zip information will differ, but search terms like detailing, waxing, polishing will be the same across the board no? Here is my submission if everybody wants to join in, just copy and paste what the person ahead of you submits, and add your own.

Professional, Mobile, Detailing, Polishing, Wax, Waxing, Interior, Exterior, Detailer, Glazing, Automobile, Boat, Watercraft, Motorcycle, Motorhome, RV, Detailed

Hopefully we can all give a little and get a lot in the end.