PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover Good?

Imatk
03-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I just got my PC from Autogeek with the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and Finishing Polish.

But I haven`t seen too many use this on here.

Are these good polishes? Or should I go with Optimum? It seems a lot of people here go with the Optimum polish.

I`m very new to this polishing... never had a PC before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I`m looking to remove some small swirls and some water etching.

Also if you recommend getting Optimum or something else can you point me to where I can buy it?

Thanks!

Imatk
03-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Anyone have opinions? Also what Optimum compound or polish would you recommend IF you recommend Optimum over the Pinnacle stuff.

Driven Auto Detail
03-06-2007, 08:09 AM
You might want to ask that question over on the AutoGeek.net forums since they sell that product.

former86camaro
03-06-2007, 08:23 AM
You need to really work it in with the right pad. I have some and it looks nice topped with Natty`s Blue after all your work. I would say it would take 5-7 minutes to work in per section so guess how long it would take your ride. Hoood is 2 sections, roof two, trunk 2, door top and door bottom so an average car would take 100 minutes per product roughly to do it right.

Apply

Work in

Buff Off

Exam

Redo if necessary

Next section

Imatk
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
So no one has any preference on here or experience with both these products?

I`d rather ask here and not a site that sells the product.

Junebug
03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
I`ve never used Pinnacle, but in my opinion - all the "corrective" stuff that comes out of that same source - Pinnacle, DP, WG, XMT are all pricey and not that great. I`ve used WG and XMT - pretty much the whole line of those, only thing I liked was XMT#3 and WG sealer, and the clay. I`m not knocking AG, I`ve bought a ton of stuff there and will continue too.

imported_Nimble
03-06-2007, 01:05 PM
I`ve never used Pinnacle, but in my opinion - all the "corrective" stuff that comes out of that same source - Pinnacle, DP, WG, XMT are all pricey and not that great. I`ve used WG and XMT - pretty much the whole line of those, only thing I liked was XMT#3 and WG sealer, and the clay. I`m not knocking AG, I`ve bought a ton of stuff there and will continue too.

Ditto the above. That whole Wolfgang, Pinncale, XMT group of products seem to all do the same dang thing. Remove micromarring at best and light, light swirls. And as Junebug said, for a LARGE premium over a quality, simple, easy to use compound/polish duo like Optimum. Shoot, even Menzerna IP, and FP2 are more cost effective than the others listed, and no one would debate their effectiveness.

Way I see it, unless you want to brag about having a $75 wax that brings out that last .0000001% of the finish, skip Pinnacle, which is the same basically as Wolfgang.

EDIT: Also, the beauty of Opt Polish, is that you can 2 step it with a orange pad first, then a white and remove WAY more marring than pinnacle ASR could dream of, with a better finish to boot. Oh yeah, and it`s like $15 bucks for 32oz! :idea

Imatk
03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Dang I wish I would have known this before... doh! Oh well :)

Just bought the Optimum Compound and Optimum polish from Autogeek.

Thanks for the help guys.

Anyone want brand new bottles of Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and Polish :grinno:

imported_Nimble
03-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Well, now I actually feel bad.....sorry. It`s not that they are `bad` products, it`s just that the market is WAY oversaturated with all these "pre wax cleaners" and "light swirl remover." Shoot, I see a pro like Anothony O. on here finishing down good enough to go straight to a LSP with just Opt Compound. Amazing stuff.