PDA

View Full Version : New tools for new services.

imported_Grouse
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I have rented one 3-4 times now. I`m sick of making the drive. so i picked up an Ozone machine, and a couple of air movers. I picked up the air movers to promote drying with in the car. I want to get it dry faster than it is currently taking.

AC082 - AIR KING PLUS AIR KING PLUS Item No.

AC082

Pivoting Utility Blower

http://www.interlinksupply.com/prodimages/ac082_airkingplus_lg.jpg

The Air King Plus is 50% bigger and moves 50% more air than the standard Air King Blower (AC081)!

Each unit draws only 1.0 amps on High setting. One 15 amp circuit will run 15 to 18 blowers! Simply plug one blower into the wall, then string more blowers - one plugged into another!

● Maximum air velocity! Air King is still pushing air 50 feet from the unit!

● Direct air where needed with an infinite number of blower head positions

● Speed dry upholstery and carpet after cleaning or when spotting

● Flash dry hard surfaces after cleaning and mopping, or when applying floor finishes

● Use to cool you while working in the heat

● Plug other electrical tools directly into the Air King

● Flood restoration! Low amps+high air velocity+small size = quick structural drying!

● Rugged, easy to carry handle

and this

The Oasis Plus

Ozone Generator

The new Oasis Plus performance improvements include the addition of a hermetically sealed severe application transformer designed specifically for harsh electrical and environmental demands imposed by continuous-duty corona discharge ozone generation.

The transformer is a recognized UL & CSA component. Because of its durability the warranty on the transformer has been increased to three years.

Ozone is the strongest oxidant commercially available and is a proven deodorizer. The Oasis Plus doesn`t just cover up foul odors; it actually destroys the molecules that cause them.

Click Here for Specifications

Oasis Plus has a patented high-density ceramic and stainless steel electrode corona discharge system, manufactured with stainless steel probes encased in ceramic with an outer stainless steel sleeve. No place for dirt or impurities to accumulate. They are maintenance free and are guaranteed for life. No old fashioned plates to clean or corrode. Let the Oasis Plus clear the air for you.

Applications:

* Fire restoration; smoke elimination, removes mold, mildew and other organic odors

* Quickly deodorizes hotel/motel, hospital and meeting rooms

* Excellent for freshening up cars, buses, boats and aircraft

Contact U.S. Products today for more information on the Oasis Plus ozone generator.

http://usproducts.com/products/restoration/images/oasis.jpg 8)

Accumulator
03-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Grouse- Were you getting by without the dryer/air movers before?

Hope the ozone machine works out for you. I`ve borrowed one a few time with varying degrees of success.

imported_Grouse
03-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I had several non comercial scroll fans. They worked okay, but not with the cfm i think the carpet needs to be dry by the time the customer picks up the car.

I`ve used ozone in the past in a few cars, rv`s and houses. Like the rest of detailing it is a process. many expect just to stick it in for an hour and poof it will cure odors.

Accumulator
03-06-2007, 06:24 PM
I`ve used ozone in the past in a few cars, rv`s and houses. Like the rest of detailing it is a process. many expect just to stick it in for an hour and poof it will cure odors.

Heh heh, roger that. When I used one on an Audi (fried clutch smell from dealership twit) I let it run for days on end before it finally cleared the smell out a bit and even then it wasn`t 100% like new.

imported_Grouse
03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
This one has some impressive specs, along with a good history. I will try it out and see how it goes.

imported_Grouse
03-14-2007, 10:48 AM
So far,

2 hours on 100%

6 hours at 25%.

this removed about 10% of the odor.

I then put it on 25% for 12 hours.

this removed about 15-20% more of the original odor.

I put it on another 25% at 12 hours.

The car i think was 40% of the original odor yesterday afternoon. I air it out fully. closed it back up and did a sniff test in each seat.

40% of the original odor.

I put the ozone genorator back in for 12 hours at 100%. To see if i could knock it down further.

Flexin
04-21-2007, 06:26 PM
So far,

2 hours on 100%

6 hours at 25%.

this removed about 10% of the odor.

I then put it on 25% for 12 hours.

this removed about 15-20% more of the original odor.

I put it on another 25% at 12 hours.

The car i think was 40% of the original odor yesterday afternoon. I air it out fully. closed it back up and did a sniff test in each seat.

40% of the original odor.

I put the ozone genorator back in for 12 hours at 100%. To see if i could knock it down further.

What kind of odor are you tring to remove?

James

Accumulator
04-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Grouse- I wonder if there`s a point of diminishing (to zilch) returns :think: Maybe you`ll end up doing it for days on end at full output, the way I had to.

imported_Grouse
04-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Oh there clearly is, for me it was about 60-70 hours was about 80% removal.