PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Prep Sucks...HELP!

avc8130
03-04-2007, 11:01 PM
So I got my car a few months ago...thought I inspected the finish well. Took it out of the garage today because it was nice to give it a nice wash and wax...and saw the attached! It is on the hood...I can only see them from certain angles. I have a PC 7424 with LC pads. What would be the best way to attack this "issue"?

Thanks,

Anthony

MBurnickas
03-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Put dat machine to use Pal. Attach pad, apply compound, rub compound on surface, turn machine on, and scratch will be a memory.

Scottwax
03-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Dealer prep usually a sucks but I don`t think that is the case here, it looks like something slid across the paint. Start with a polish and polishing pad and move up in aggressiveness as needed.

avc8130
03-05-2007, 07:33 AM
That is where my question arises. The only stuff I have is swirl remover. I run that on the PC with an orange LC pad. What is the best next step up if that wont cut it?

Thanks,

Anthony

Accumulator
03-05-2007, 12:17 PM
That is where my question arises. The only stuff I have is swirl remover. I run that on the PC with an orange LC pad. What is the best next step up if that wont cut it?

I`d step up to a stronger product and then use the swirl remover afterwards (probably on a more gentle pad) for the final buff.

If you have a local autobody/paint supply place they should have Meguiar`s stuff. Try the #80 speed glaze (which oughta leave a ready-to-wax finish) or the stronger #83 which will probably require the follow up with a milder product.

Oh, and welcome to Autopia!