PDA

View Full Version : Fishy help wanted ad

Slinky
03-04-2007, 02:04 PM
WANTED: Skilled Person to wash/wax two BMW 7 Series Autos each week (http://sacramento.craigslist.org/etc/272706474.html)

Weird how they expect a wax every week and machine buffing causes swirls??? Been using a dealership? lol I dunno the way that ad is worded just sounds really shady...

detail machine
03-04-2007, 02:09 PM
WOW I guess we have it all wrong, darn

the other pc
03-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Doesn’t sound shady to me. Sounds absolutely clueless.

Not surprising. No reason real estate types should know anything more about finish care than the general public.

PC.

Tasty
03-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Wow, they want all that and only want to pay $200. Those people sound like complete idiots. What they can get for $200 each week for 2 cars is a bunch of swirls and some NuFinish.

twitch
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Wow, they want all that and only want to pay $200. Those people sound like complete idiots. What they can get for $200 each week for 2 cars is a bunch of swirls and some NuFinish.

Yeah but if they swirl it by hand that constitues "quality" swirls so they must be acceptable. :laugh:

I also didn`t know BMW sold "mirror black" cars. :cooleek:

Tasty
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
I also like how the swirls required a repaint on a brand spanking new car. I`ve got some ocean front property in Nebraska that they might want to come look at...

twitch
03-05-2007, 11:01 PM
^^ haha Tasty. Yeah they couldn`t make quality swirls with the “electric buffer†so they had to be canned!

"the business used an electric buffer that thereafter required the car to be repainted due to this swirling effect."

Until I approached the last two words I was thinking someone ate the clear with a rotary (so much for me giving them the benefit of the doubt) :chuckle:

So when someone does a hack job they have to repaint because it HAD TO BE the machines fault :grinno:

Well I think Napoleon Dynamite said it best "Idiots gaawd!"

LastDetail
03-05-2007, 11:38 PM
5 to 1 these people will be hanging out in the parking lot the first time the detailer is trying to work offering their advice and criticism the entire time.

This job would be really great if it wasn`t for the damn customers.