PDA

View Full Version : Costco MF Wash Mitts

PhaRO
03-04-2007, 01:46 AM
I picked up a couple of the 4 packs (3 mitts, 1 towel) today. $10.39. These are the corded chenille mf mitts (dreadlocks). The towel seems to be very nice and if big 38" x 26". I rubbed a dvd for a bit with one with more pressure than I`d ever be using on a car and no scratches. Towel weight is 6.7oz or 190grams.

BlackElantraGT
03-04-2007, 05:24 AM
I like the big size of the drying towel but I can`t stand the mitts. I`ll be returning mine when I get the chance. The mitt soaks up way too much water and even though it`s hard to imagine, IMO it gets too heavy during washing than anything else I`ve used so far.

But my biggest gripe about it is that if you`ll be machine washing them, say goodbye to it because of the cotton/polyester? inner lining they use. That fell complelely apart on one of the mitts, the 2nd one experienced a slightly less severe case of the same thing, and the 3rd one I never bothered using or washing.

Walmart sells a similar mitt, but with a plastic inner lining that`s suppose to keep your hands from getting wet. I have a feeling that might make the mitt lighter and less absorbent while also making it through the wash, but that`s about $5 a mitt so the deal isn`t as great as the Costco ones.