PDA

View Full Version : Another ONR Lover (pics inside)

Pages : [1] 2

CleanGSR
03-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Just thought I`d share a few pics of my ONR wash from this morning. I love ONR for winter use. It was about 28 degrees out and with my kerosene heater I got my garage to around 50. Perfect for a comfy ONR wash. I can also see that this will be great for days when it`s too hot and sunny to wash in the shade. Just pull it in the garage with some ONR.

During......can you guess which part I`ve done?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/B16Vtec/cars/Integra/Washing1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/B16Vtec/cars/Integra/Washing2.jpg

After (hadn`t done the wheels yet)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/B16Vtec/cars/Integra/Washing3.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/B16Vtec/cars/Integra/Washing4.jpg

The only thing I don`t like about using ONR is that I can never figure out a good way to get the fender wells done. My car`s too low to get my hand in there, so I have to hose it down to get it clean. I guess it`s better than before at least.

PhaRO
03-04-2007, 12:58 AM
A 2 gallon tank sprayer and a shmitt wash mitt works well on the fender wells. If the opening is enough to slide the shmitt it. It`s large enough and rigid enough that you can move it around by an edge. I have a few small brushes that I use for the inside of wheels that also are used on tight wells. Someone else I read recently uses a floor jack to lift one side up enough to get in.

Pennypacker
03-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Wow..you had a lot of stuff on your car there! ONR did a good job of getting it off. At first I was reticent about how much dirt ONR could handle without marring, but it has proven to be effective in most cases for me.

BTW, I have the same problem with my wheel wells. I spray with engine cleaner first so the hosing goes easier.

imported_themightytimmah
03-04-2007, 02:52 AM
I just spray tire foam into my wells - it takes the crap out and makes them look pretty good. I`ve used APC and brushes before - it didn`t come out that much better and it took an extra 20 minutes.

thesacrifice
03-04-2007, 08:23 AM
tire foam in my wheel wells seems to leave a white residue behind after its dried

Are you using one mitt to do the entire car? I`d suggest using two...one for the top half, another for the bottom.

froll
03-04-2007, 08:44 AM
:hifive: I agree. I`ve been using ONR in the garage for the last couple of months and although I don`t think it will replace my foam gun wash, ONR not only gets the car clean but gives me my weekly fix.

Bigpoppa3346
03-04-2007, 08:58 AM
I also agree that ONR is a real life saver in the cold weather. The cleaning seems to be pretty effective, and although I wouldn`t use it on filthy soft black paint, I find it works well on the usual winter grime and dirt. I usually just use a hose and various cleaners to get the tires/wheels/wells clean beforehand.

CleanGSR
03-04-2007, 11:35 AM
LoL, I had filthy soft black paint. When it get`s as dirty as in the pics, I am overkill on the safety though. I use 1 mitt, but I use the 2 bucket method, and I also spray each section with ONR QD until it`s completely wet before wiping the panel.

This was the dirtiest my car has been and used ONR. It worked really well too and absolutely no marring. This grime is from 1 week of driving too by the way. I washed last weekend and polished/sealed the front fenders, hood and front bumper. I inspected them after this wash and no marring has returned, so I`m pleased.

I`ll try the ideas given for the fender wells. Thanks for the tips.

klnyc
03-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Did you clean your wheel well as well? I hate those super slammed wheel well (I need to jack it up...thats PITA).

CleanGSR
03-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Well, I took the winter wheels back off and put the 17`s back on so it was really easy to clean (had the wheels off). With the offset on the 17`s, there`s literally no room to even get a brush between the fender and tires. The tires are actually tucked a hair. I`ll have to turn the wheels, clean part, then turn the other direction and clean the rest. I have no idea how I`ll clean the rear wheel wells, but you can`t see them in the back now, so not a huge worry.

itb76
03-05-2007, 10:44 PM
You guys clean your wells in the winter? I`ll wash the car once or twice every week with ONR, but the wells will get dirty before I get out of the driveway in this weather. Clean wells look great but mine won`t until the snow is gone.

tyoung
03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
It`s pretty funny, everyone (including me) is so skeptical of ONR until you try it. It just seems to good to be true. But it works, and it works so well.

Accumulator
03-06-2007, 12:40 PM
You guys clean your wells in the winter? I`ll wash the car once or twice every week with ONR, but the wells will get dirty before I get out of the driveway in this weather. Clean wells look great but mine won`t until the snow is gone.

Consider that the salt/etc. that`s been in there for a long time might lead to corrosion. IMO even just cleaning it out so "new salt can take its place" is better than leaving the process uninterupted. Even just a few weeks worth of uninterupted contact can compromise stuff like cad plating and the finish on bare aluminum.

imported_Nimble
03-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Looks nice, my only issue is that you can still see the salt in all the crevices, which is a beef I have with waterless washes. IMO, other than just doing a quick 90% onr in the winter, a WW really only benefits the pro detailer trying to keep efficiency up. Maybe I`m wrong.

CleanGSR
03-06-2007, 12:55 PM
I noticed the white spots in all the crevices too in the pictures. So, I went back out and looked at the car....and there`s nothing there. I don`t know if the flash and being so close did that, but there`s not really anything there in the crevices. Wierd. Here`s a pic two days later (hadn`t touched the paint since the ONR wash). Not the best picture, but you can see that there`s no salt buildup on the molding or between the door and fender.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/B16Vtec/cars/Integra/IMG_0585.jpg