PDA

View Full Version : new TOYS!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

see_otter
03-03-2007, 09:26 PM
hi guys

Placed a fairly large order here recently to get ready for the upcoming detailing season. I can`t wait for this crazy ohio winter to end! Anyways, here are some of my new toys!

New Cyclo polisher with some new LC 4" pads. While I do appreciate the Porter Cable for what it is, I was tired of my hands being vibrated into submission with every use. The Cyclo seems to be quite a great machine! Very SMOOTH, very nicely built.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/jgriesinger_2006/toys/HPIM0056.jpg

I opted to go with a backing plate setup rather than the "rubber booties"

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/jgriesinger_2006/toys/HPIM0058.jpg

I cant wait to try out and compare these two products

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/jgriesinger_2006/toys/HPIM0059.jpg

see_otter
03-03-2007, 09:33 PM
my next purchase was a vx 5000 steamer. I took a long time to look at all my different options, and finally decide on this one. It is all stainless construction with 3 steam settings and a hot water setting. I havent gt to use it for detailing yet, but I did use it quite a bit throught the house. A MAJOR UPGRADE OVER MY HANDHELD PIECE OF CRAP! I really didnt have any problems at all with it keeping up with me while cleaning. Seems so far to be a good purchase.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/jgriesinger_2006/toys/HPIM0062.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/jgriesinger_2006/toys/HPIM0063.jpg

imported_paradigm
03-03-2007, 09:35 PM
nice...and that`s a lot of pads!

see_otter
03-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Finally, my last purchase was a mitey-one extractor from Cross-American. I havent recieved it yet though, hopefully sometime next week!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/jgriesinger_2006/toys/MITEY-ONE-D.jpg

from the site:

MITEY-ONE FEATURES:

1. Pressure: 100 PSI (on demand)

2. Vacuum Motor: 3 Stage Epoxy Painted /100cfm

3. Tanks: 3 ½ Gallon (Solution/Recovery) View-Thru

4. Power- Spray Feature: Apply deo./traffic lanes

5. Hoses: 15` quality vac/ PSI hoses w/swivel cuff

6. Wand: Select either unit w/ stainless Detailer tool, or 10" Professional stainless steel wand. (1,000 psi rated)

7. Wheels: 8" Rear Rigid x 3" Swivel

8. Specs: 20"H x 20" L x 13" W/ approx wt=32 lbs./ 9.5 amps/ (1-25` cord)

Unit is not heated so I also bought this:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/jgriesinger_2006/toys/A10002.jpg

from the site:

1000 Watts of heat!! Just drop in your solution tank and heat up your water for less! (8.5 amps)

sharky nrk
03-03-2007, 10:15 PM
wow those are some really nice toys - what did they cost you if you don`t mind

see_otter
03-03-2007, 10:19 PM
wow those are some really nice toys - what did they cost you if you don`t mind

cyclo $220

steamer $595 shipped

extractor with detail tool and the heater about $1000 shipped

sharky nrk
03-03-2007, 10:35 PM
wow thats a nice chunk of change

see_otter
03-03-2007, 10:50 PM
wow thats a nice chunk of change

Well I am set on going "official" in my detailing endeavors this year, so anything that is going to make my job easier, the better! I absolutely hate interiors, so to me spending money on equipment for that is a no brainer.... I seem to get the worst of them! (I live in NW Ohio where the weather is bad and people dont seem to care about their cars)

At first I was looking at the aztek/durrmaid extractors, but was afraid they would not be up to the task of everyday usage.

then, I was going to go with the Century 400 sensei extractor, but was trying to save a little money. Cross American seems to have been around a long time and makes good equipment. I dont really see them mentioned much here though.

I looked at a lot of steamers.... from cheap to expensive, this one seemed to have the specs I was looking for without breaking the bank... I could have easily spent alot more!

ZoranC
03-04-2007, 02:05 AM
I opted to go with a backing plate setup rather than the "rubber booties"

Could you do me a favor, please? Could you measure thickness of that backing plate from velcro to top of metal reinforcement (but not including that black washer)? I am trying to see which 3.5" flex plate has lower profile, that design or one from ExcelDetail.

Thank you in advance!

see_otter
03-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Could you do me a favor, please? Could you measure thickness of that backing plate from velcro to top of metal reinforcement (but not including that black washer)? I am trying to see which 3.5" flex plate has lower profile, that design or one from ExcelDetail.

Thank you in advance!

Yes, will do. Just give me a little while. (not home right now)

sharky nrk
03-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Well I am set on going "official" in my detailing endeavors this year, so anything that is going to make my job easier, the better! I absolutely hate interiors, so to me spending money on equipment for that is a no brainer.... I seem to get the worst of them! (I live in NW Ohio where the weather is bad and people dont seem to care about their cars)

At first I was looking at the aztek/durrmaid extractors, but was afraid they would not be up to the task of everyday usage.

then, I was going to go with the Century 400 sensei extractor, but was trying to save a little money. Cross American seems to have been around a long time and makes good equipment. I dont really see them mentioned much here though.

I looked at a lot of steamers.... from cheap to expensive, this one seemed to have the specs I was looking for without breaking the bank... I could have easily spent alot more!

oh ok makes great perfect sense when you put it that way - well best of luck on your business and your new toys are very nice

see_otter
03-04-2007, 09:07 AM

Thank you in advance!

Hey ZoranC,

These backing plates are from autogeek. measurement from bottom of plate to top of metal plate is 11/16 in. The metal screws extend a little above the metal plate (3/4 in total, with screwheads, didnt know which number you wanted for sure).

I took a look at my other 3.5 plates I had for my PC and they looked slightly different, but the numbers I just posted should represent the currently shipping model from AutoGeek.

Hope this helps you,

Jeremy

Changeling
03-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey ZoranC,

These backing plates are from autogeek. measurement from bottom of plate to top of metal plate is 11/16 in. The metal screws extend a little above the metal plate (3/4 in total, with screwheads, didnt know which number you wanted for sure).

I took a look at my other 3.5 plates I had for my PC and they looked slightly different, but the numbers I just posted should represent the currently shipping model from AutoGeek.

Hope this helps you,

Jeremy

Sorry to jump in here but I didn`t know you could use the backing plates instead of the booties, never thought about it actually . What is the advantage/disadvantage.

Changeling

Changeling
03-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I forgot to add the obvious, Dude that is an awesome start on equipment!! I thought I was dropping some money on stuff, but man your chariot just left me in the dust.

Don`t be surprised if you have another $500.00 or so in polishes, wax, gloss and sealants before spring!

Best of luck to you in the detailing business

see_otter
03-04-2007, 03:17 PM
I forgot to add the obvious, Dude that is an awesome start on equipment!! I thought I was dropping some money on stuff, but man your chariot just left me in the dust.

Don`t be surprised if you have another $500.00 or so in polishes, wax, gloss and sealants before spring!

Best of luck to you in the detailing business

First, I would like to thank you for your words of encouragement!

I pretty much have the whole poorboys line in large quantity and am working on getting more optimum products, along with some more cost effective dressings and such.

To answer you questions about the cyclo, the PC and Cyclo share the same threads for backing plates and attachments, so you can mix and match to your hearts delight for both machines, which I do like. Why did I choose to go with plates rather than "rubber booties"? Well, I guess it was just more of a personal preference than anything else. Although I have heard of a slight issue with the "booties" causing marring if they happen to touch the paint during polishing. I would have liked to go with the new Edge system for the Cyclo, but I figured I had spent enough already!

Take care!

Jeremy