PDA

View Full Version : need help! im a noob...

07CivicEX
03-03-2007, 01:20 PM
i got the meguiars show car glaze, the peach bottle. im wondering if we have to use it with a buffer ??? i really just got a new black 07 civic. i`ve only been giving it regular car washes. i really want to learn how to make it look like the cars on autopia. it`s starting to get swirl scratchs since i`ve always been too busy to look after it. but i got a lot for detailing cars. i got nxt liquid wax, nxt car wash soap, mother`s clay, meguiars polish, eagles liquid nano wax, armor all foam tire spray can, MF towel. i got a few for free so that`s why i got 2 polish/ 2 waxs. im wondering how i should use them in order. i don`t have any PC but i got a few application pads from meguiars. i really want to learn how to make the black shine out looking all wet! please any help ? im also wondering why it takes people the whole day to finish a car? i mean... i heard of curing... not sure what that is or means.... im pretty new to this stuff.... it interests me a lot so please... thanks much!

Accumulator
03-03-2007, 02:10 PM
[The moderators might want to move this to the Detailing Forum..]

07CivicEX- The best thing I can recommend is to click on the "Learn" icon and study up, this stuff isn`t all that complicated but it`s a bit more than anybody can properly explain in one thread.

Short answer: wash, clay, polish, wax.

You`ll need an abrasive polish to use instead of/before the Meguiar`s #7 (which is nonabrasive and is OK to use by hand) to remove/reduce the marring. I always recommend 1z polishes for people just starting out and working by hand (you can get them from Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing Supplies & Accessories (http://www.pakshak.com/index.html) ).

It often takes me a whole day (or longer) because there`s so much to do. You don`t need to worry about curing with the products you`re using, it`s more of a concern when using sealants.