PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Clearbra?

SHhhhh
03-03-2007, 07:44 AM
I had a Clearbra put on my bumper when I first bought my car. Now it is showing dirt on the edge of the clearbra in certain area. It isn`t very noticeable, but still annoying to me. What are your recommendations on taking care of this?

klnyc
03-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Is your car is white color? Those are the infamous color for residue build up on the film edges. What I do was use some AIO and slowly hit it with my PC. If you have swilrs/ lite marring on the film, you can also give Plexus a try. Good luck.

jimmybuffit
03-03-2007, 08:50 AM
We buff (and seal) the 3M material just like paint. You`ll never get a `mirror` finish from that material, but it tolerates rotary buffing.

Regarding the thin line of residue and dirt that is common, we find that a little APC and a fingernail is as effective as anything. A toothbrush can introduce some marring...

Good Luck!

Jim

imported_Blake
03-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I had a 3M clearbra put on my vehicle. The installer recommended a baby`s toothbrush which is very soft to clean the edge. I`d go along with the apc and fingernail also.

SHhhhh
03-03-2007, 01:40 PM
thanks for the replies. yes my car is white in color, and you can see a distinct black line of buildup where the clearbra stops. it has been looking good for the past few months, but over the last week or so it has been real noticeable.