PDA

View Full Version : Two Rock Chips... Clear Bra Installation

Just02
03-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Okie. Here`s the story: My parents purchased a new car a few weeks ago. Since then, I persuaded them to have a clear bra installed. Now, a day before they have it installed, there are two rock chips (with the primer extremely visible) on the lower part of the hood.

It`s 46 degrees and raining. I have a few choices.

1) Run to the dealer and purchase a paint pen. Then I`ll have to try to heat the garage and attempt to diminish the visibility of the chips.

2) Use a blue sharpie.

3) Deal with it.

I tried contacting a body shop and they flat out said they could not do it in the time given.

What would you do? :(

imported_paradigm
03-02-2007, 06:50 PM
if you absolutely can`t wait or reschedule the CB install...i would touch up the area as best i could to help prevent rust. i wouldn`t leave exposed primer under the CB or use just a sharpie (no protection really).

Just02
03-02-2007, 09:47 PM
if you absolutely can`t wait or reschedule the CB install...i would touch up the area as best i could to help prevent rust. i wouldn`t leave exposed primer under the CB or use just a sharpie (no protection really).

I did end up retouching it. I went to the Honda dealership... no paint. So they sent me to the body shop owned by the dealership. The body shop ended up mixing the paint and just giving the bottle to me for free!

I just applied the first layer. It`s not as hard as it seems, and it looks very good. :bow toothpick

PS The front already has mini rock chips all over it. Nothing large enough to notice unless you`re next to it (< 1`).