PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with DACP

Pages : [1] 2 3

MBurnickas
03-02-2007, 01:06 PM
I am so frustrated at DACP that I have no idea why ya`ll recommend this product. It is such a gummy mess that I cannot even remotely think about using it again. I broke out some IP and dumped the DACP in the trash 3/4`s full. Is there a Meguiar`s compound that performs better than this or did I get a bad batch?

BigJimZ28
03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
did you use it with a pc?

from you sig I see your not a fan of the PC

velobard
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Pity you tossed it, I`ve been thinking that`d be just the thing to tackle the oxidation on my neighbor`s car. I know others have pretty decent luck with it, not sure what the difference is in terms of technique and such.

MBurnickas
03-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Rotary and used it very sparingly with LC pads. I own a PC, is it more of a PC product? I might have to break it out and grab the DACP from the can. I like my PC fine, but generally don`t have hours and hours to detail my car, so that`s why I bust out my saw when I need swirl removing.

coupe
03-02-2007, 02:15 PM
There is a learning curve to it.

Its not like the boutique polishes your probably used to.

Invigor
03-02-2007, 02:27 PM
I wouldn`t consider it a compound at all...compounds are more gritty feeling like menzerna`s power gloss, or farecla`s G3.

I don`t enjoy using Meguiar`s much either...Just a preference thing. I prefer my menzerna and farecla. :D

coupe
03-02-2007, 02:29 PM
#83 is a work horse once you figure out how to use it.

MBurnickas
03-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Its not like the boutique polishes your probably used to.

Uh, ok. I paid 20 bucks for 32 ounces at Autogeek, that`s not "boutique"? I guess I should have spent $25 on a 128 ounces of bulk compound. I`d bet that cheap bulk stuff works betta than this stuff.

BigJimZ28
03-02-2007, 02:39 PM
of a PC product?

yes thats why they call it:

Dual Action Cleaner/Polish

PC = Dual Action

STG
03-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Uh, ok. I paid 20 bucks for 32 ounces at Autogeek, that`s not "boutique"? I guess I should have spent $25 on a 128 ounces of bulk compound. I`d bet that cheap bulk stuff works betta than this stuff.

Ignorance is bliss.

Thousands of people can use #83 and obtain good results with a PC or rotary. Even I get great results with it. I`ve seen Mike Phillips of Meguiar`s apply it with a rotary.

You need to send a letter to Barry Meguiar and tell him #83 doesn`t work. Who woulda thunk after all these years the failings of the product would go unnoticed until Slickery came along?

TortoiseAWD
03-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Ignorance is bliss.

Thousands of people can use #83 and obtain good results with a PC or rotary. Even I get great results with it. I`ve seen Mike Phillips of Meguiar`s apply it with a rotary.

You need to send a letter to Barry Meguiar and tell him #83 doesn`t work. Who wouda thunk after all these years the failings of the product would go unnoticed until Slickery came along?If ignorance is bliss, what is arrogance? Seems from your tone like maybe you`d know, eh? This is the second or third time I`ve had to comment on the confrontational tone of your posts; I`d really rather not do it again. Thanks.

Count me among those that dislike DACP, and all the rest of Meg`s polishes, for that matter. DACP gummed up on me, too, and never seemed to fully break down (left a lot of micromarring). User error? Quite probably, but seeing as I hadn`t had problems with the other polishes I`d used over the years, I didn`t have much reason to jump through hoops to try to figure it out. Instead, I returned the DACP and kept on using the 3M polishes that (at the time) were my go-to`s.

Tort

(moderator)

sixty7mustang22
03-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Please get it out of the trash and send it to me. Seriously. I`ll pay you for shipping.

TortoiseAWD
03-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Uh, ok. I paid 20 bucks for 32 ounces at Autogeek, that`s not "boutique"? I guess I should have spent $25 on a 128 ounces of bulk compound. I`d bet that cheap bulk stuff works betta than this stuff.Without getting into a discussion of pricing, or what makes a product "boutique" or "bulk", I can give a huge recommendation to Hi-Temp`s 357 Magnum (used to be called "heavy-cut"). $10/qt, $27 gal from Top of the Line, little to no dust, breaks down quickly, and finishes very well. The "heavy-cut" description can be a little misleading . . . when used with an orbital (Cyclo, PC), it`s an excellent swirl remover for moderate-to-heavy swirls, but deeper scratches may require multiple passes or spot attention with wetsanding and/or a 4" pad.

FWIW,

Tort

STG
03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
If ignorance is bliss, what is arrogance? Seems from your tone like maybe you`d know, eh? This is the second or third time I`ve had to comment on the confrontational tone of your posts; I`d really rather not do it again. Thanks.

Tort

Oh, my! You just had to comment? Perhaps you`d be better off sending a letter to Barry Meguiar.. Do you need his home address in Newport Beach?:sosad

P.S.: Arrogance is knowing the other guy can`t choose the right product for the job at hand.

BigJimZ28
03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Oh, my! You just had to comment? Perhaps you`d be better off sending a letter to Barry Meguiar.. Do you need his home address in Newport Beach?:sosad

P.S.: Arrogance is knowing the other guy can`t choose the right product for the job at hand.

:dig :dig :dig :dig :dig :dig :dig :dig :dig :dig :dig :dig