PDA

View Full Version : need pro opinions on this....

imported_steveo3002
03-02-2007, 10:33 AM
okay we have a old beater car , and it had a nasty film on the windsheild that bothered me, regular glass cleaners didnt shift it

i decided to break out the rotary, megs cut pad and farecla g3 polish( 9-10 on megs scale)

i went ahead and buffed the screen and it cleaned off alot of filth ...but now when im driving at night i see random swirls in the glass:aww: much like the paint looks like on a badly washed car

now my question is do you think a polish/pad for car paint would mark glass? i was under the impression almost nothing would touch glass:nervous: im trying to figure if i made those swirls or just revealed them by supercleaning the glass:think2

if i made the marks..then i will try another combo to improve things

Scottwax
03-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Just like with paint, step down the aggressiveness of the pad/polish combo and see if that works.

imported_steveo3002
03-02-2007, 10:39 AM
scott....do you think a paint polish would touch glass?? i never thought it would

brwill2005
03-02-2007, 10:42 AM
If a paint polish has the right abrasives in it; I.E. aluminum oxide, it can definitely scratch glass. I would do what Scott recommended and step down in aggressiveness.

imported_steveo3002
03-02-2007, 10:48 AM
i have megs #83 to hand...do you think that might touch it? rotary/pc pad choice?

brwill2005
03-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I do not use the Megs line, but I would recommend something that is still aggressive, but not as aggressive as your first step.

audicoupej
03-02-2007, 12:17 PM
The glass was more than likely swirled already. Most windshields are. :mad:

However trying a milder polish/pad combo cannot hurt it. Give it a try. Polishing scratches out of glass is very difficult. I have both of Eastwoods kits and it still is very difficult. So you might never get it perfect.

Good luck.