PDA

View Full Version : The use of VM?

danforz
03-02-2007, 06:10 AM
Hey guys, I`ve heard that VM has great filling properties (Yes I know REAL detailers remove defects they don`t fill them...) anyways... I was curious where VM would fit into a line up consisting of any of the following:

Wash

kAIO

VM

Carnauba or Z5pro (ZFX)

Good idea? Bad idea?

firegate
03-02-2007, 07:40 AM
VM is an AIO like Klasse, but fills a good deal more and leaves a carnauba base instead of a sealant base. I don`t think it would play very nicely with Z5.

joshtpa
03-02-2007, 07:42 AM
I dont consider VM an AIO.

Setec Astronomy
03-02-2007, 08:03 AM
I concur that KAIO and VM are largely redundant, and that Zaino will never stick on top of VM`s oils. Simplify your process to wash, VM and a `nuba and you will be good to go.

BigJimZ28
03-02-2007, 10:26 AM
KAIO= a good chemical cleaner with a little acrilic protection

VM = light cut abrasives and oils that fill

RMG = VM with less abrasives and more filling oils

Pink Moose (50/50 RMG/VM, thanks Scottwax) =more abrasives and more oils that fill

so if you are working with something like Zano or SG that need a clean surface to bond to

then VM, RMG are a no no

but work well with EXP and/or a nuba

and works well on SS paint that likes the oils

velobard
03-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Pinkwax (50/50 RMG/VM, thanks Scottwax) =more abrasives and more oils that fill

Close. What you intended to say is Pink Moose, Scottwax`s custom mix. Pink Wax is an FK1 product. On my call to Clearkote yesterday he pointed out that he`s now selling a Pink Moose Combo pacck. He`s not mixing the Pink Moose because he figures everyone might want a different ratio. It includes RMG, VM, and an empty mixing bottle. Site says you save 6.95 off regular price when you get the combo.

ClearKote Pink Moose Combo (http://www.clearkote.com/Clearkoteweb/PinkMooseCombo.htm)

BigJimZ28
03-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Close. What you intended to say is Pink Moose, Scottwax`s custom mix. Pink Wax is an FK1 product. On my call to Clearkote yesterday he pointed out that he`s now selling a Pink Moose Combo pacck. He`s not mixing the Pink Moose because he figures everyone might want a different ratio. It includes RMG, VM, and an empty mixing bottle. Site says you save 6.95 off regular price when you get the combo.

ClearKote Pink Moose Combo (http://www.clearkote.com/Clearkoteweb/PinkMooseCombo.htm)

yea I fixed it thanks again:2thumbs:

is Scottwax getting a kickback on the kits?

velobard
03-02-2007, 12:02 PM

I know he`s a beta tester for them and gets free samples. In case Scottwax reads this, he also told me to mention to you that he`s considering a new product to send for testing sometime soon, a paste wax. Of course, everyone should keep that confidential. ;) :chuckle:

BigJimZ28
03-02-2007, 12:22 PM
I know he`s a beta tester for them and gets free samples.

I was joking but am glad to here he gets something for all he does for us!

imported_DieselMDX
03-02-2007, 03:39 PM

WOW great idea, i might have to pick this up

firegate
03-02-2007, 03:54 PM
I dont consider VM an AIO.

My understanding is that it does leave a layer of wax behind, while RMG doesn`t.

danforz
03-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Interesting, thanks all for the heads up! I will use this stuff prior to nuba instead of AIO. Sounds like it`ll help with the filling!

Scottwax
03-02-2007, 06:41 PM

:eek: I didn`t even know about it! Didn`t know about the paste either. I guess I need to stay in better contact with Mr. Glass!

Definitely a cool idea, one of each and a small bottle mixed. :)

danforz
03-02-2007, 09:22 PM
:eek: I didn`t even know about it! Didn`t know about the paste either. I guess I need to stay in better contact with Mr. Glass!

Definitely a cool idea, one of each and a small bottle mixed. :)

Mixing this stuff requires using a stove right? Does it stink up the place??

velobard
03-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Mixing this stuff requires using a stove right? Does it stink up the place??

No stove required. They`re both liquid, just pour `em together. ;)