PDA

View Full Version : Glanz Wax

Pages : [1] 2

baker
03-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Any reviews or users of Glanz Wax, I`ve used the E1 Express Polish and like this, so I`m always looking to try something new.

percynjpn
03-01-2007, 08:36 AM
I`ve been using it for about 4 years, and I think it`s a great product! It`s the consistancy of water, so it`s very easy to apply and (if you apply it very thin) very easy to remove. It also doesn`t stain black plastic trim or rubber. It also lasts a long time - up to 5-6 months in my experience.

It looks great on metallic paint, but it doesn`t add much shine to solid colors. For me, it looks best on metallic brown, grey and green.

I also use it as a wheel sealant. Excellent product.

tom p.
03-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Very durable, looks great on dk colors, must be applied very thin just like percy mentions.

The 1Z product line seems to have faded from the general discussion. I`m not sure who still sells the product line...

imported_Yal
03-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Their USA website has a pick your State retailer locater, here is the linky...

einszett USA Dealers (http://www.1z-usa.com/dealer.html)

You can also get free samples if you write to them. I did last summer.

Accumulator
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Q for you GW users: Does it, presumably due to high solvent contents, strip the "fillers" (using the term loosely ;) ) that the 1Z polishes leave behind? Polishes such as WaxPolishSoft do a good bit of concealing, and I`ve had other products strip the concealers and make marring "come back".

I ask this because I`ve been recommending 1z stuff a lot lately and people often ask about using GW for their topper instead of the heavy carnaubas that I usually recommend. I don`t want to misinform anybody about the GW but I don`t have any first-hand experience to go by.

The 1Z product line seems to have faded from the general discussion. I`m not sure who still sells the product line...

I recommend 1z polishes, especially to newbies, because of their extreme user-friendliness. I know people who couldn`t care less about detailing who`ve done great with 1Z, including a woman who got tired of waiting for her husband to do her Lexus...she borrowed my PC and with no coaching/training/prior experience did a great job with 1Z MP topped with #16 (and proudly proclaimed "I did it myself!"). Especially for people working by hand, I still think this stuff is a no-brainer.

I`ve been getting mine from PakShack.

n2_space
03-01-2007, 12:42 PM
I love GW :) Looks great on metallics, and it has been my favorite LSP on my car (darker red metallic). Gave it a nice glow and made the metallic really pop.

Accumulator: I can`t say really as I 50/50 ISO alcohol/water after polishing a section to check after polishing :nixweiss I`ll have to try it on my beater by leaving a section unpolished and see what happens ;)

Accumulator
03-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Accumulator: I can`t say really as I 50/50 ISO alcohol/water after polishing a section to check after polishing :nixweiss I`ll have to try it on my beater by leaving a section unpolished and see what happens ;)

OK, heh heh, I must be one of the few people around here who never does the ISO/water wipe...if I`m not interested in doing some filling I use a different product. Let me know if you try GW over the fillers.

I keep thinking that *somebody* confirmed that the GW is hard on them, but I can`t remember who it was...

n2_space
03-01-2007, 01:43 PM
OK, heh heh, I must be one of the few people around here who never does the ISO/water wipe...if I`m not interested in doing some filling I use a different product. Let me know if you try GW over the fillers.

I keep thinking that *somebody* confirmed that the GW is hard on them, but I can`t remember who it was...

I just do a small section with 50/50 to make sure the polish is doing what I want it to do, not the whole car. I can imagine GW would be harsh on fillers, maybe not make them all reappear immediately, but I could see that. I`ll give the beater a PP>MP>GW and see what happens sometime this spring ;)

First_Place
03-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Just an FYI the newly released Glanz Wax has a thicker consistency than the original and contains carnuba to give the finish more depth.

As far as retail loactions, I have been told to expect it popping up in new locations especially in the NY, NJ, CT areas.

DM101
03-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Will Glanz Wax layer? Or does it have to much solvents in it?

a.k.a. Patrick
03-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Just an FYI the newly released Glanz Wax has a thicker consistency than the original and contains carnuba to give the finish more depth.

You beat me to it.......Im not liking the Nuba in it though. I really like the prior version......But its still above average as a product.....

deathlok
03-01-2007, 03:56 PM
I have use it to my brothers new black smart. I am not an expert but i like the feel of the paint after that product. Also many mention to go thin...the density of HG is so low that i don`t think you can go thick. For easy removal do not let it dry too much.

I recommend it for new cars (here my results http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/85558-smart-not-so-common-usa-p.html)

sspeer
03-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Can`t wait for my samples of Glanz Wax and the Paint Polish! I think the samples are 1 oz..should be perfect for the bike!

Accumulator
03-01-2007, 06:02 PM
deathlok- The Smart sure turned out nice!

gbackus
03-01-2007, 06:07 PM
The newer product also stains some trim.