PDA

View Full Version : Doing it right

Tocoma40
02-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Hey...... I have simple question witch I need a answere. I have a 2 yr old tocoma Black Pearl and it has like these`s fine brush scratches all over it.

I`m going to clay it after I wash it then What product could I use to clean those awful nasty looking scratches out. I would like to use something not t:waxing: to violent.

Have a good day:D

RyanDe680
02-28-2007, 09:52 AM
If they are fine scratches in the paint, then maybe try SSR1. Do you have a PC or a rotary to work with?

Setec Astronomy
02-28-2007, 10:04 AM
You`re in for a lot of work if you`re doing it by hand. If that`s how you`re working, and looking for something OTC, you might want to try the Meg`s Deep Crystal system, that will do more hiding than removing.

If you want to be sure to correct them you will need a machine, etc. Also, especially for black, you will want to review your wash regimen to keep from reinstalling the scratches.

Tocoma40
02-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah I have a orbit machine that does pretty good. Refresh my memory and where could get that SSR1 at...

Thanks Dan

Setec Astronomy
02-28-2007, 11:53 AM
What kind of orbit machine? Those Sears ones won`t do any swirl removal. You call the scratches "fine" but also "nasty", if they are "nasty" SSR1 won`t take them out.

imported_JoshVette
02-28-2007, 12:19 PM
I like Menzerna and 3M compounds, they`re very good and will take out the fine scratches with a PC and an orange pad.