PDA

View Full Version : What should I do? Someone hit me and I kinda fixed it...

Captain Amazing
05-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Here is a before and after shot. How can I make this look better? Or should I just repaint the bumper? Someone hit my car while I was away and this was the best I could do. The white was the other cars paint. I was able to get that off but there were a lot of scratches left behind. I then used some touch up paint for that and this is what I am left with. Is there any way to get the shine back without having to get it prfessionally done? I polished and waxed the area but it didnt have much effect. Thanks

joyriide1113
05-02-2005, 11:17 PM
hmm. if it makes u feel better i cant really tell anything happened in the last 2 pics.

i have seen people use touch up paint and then some type of clearcoat paint over it then wetsand and polish it out. from their pics it looks completely stock.

Don
05-03-2005, 04:48 AM
hmm. if it makes u feel better i cant really tell anything happened in the last 2 pics.

i have seen people use touch up paint and then some type of clearcoat paint over it then wetsand and polish it out. from their pics it looks completely stock.

I think I can see something in the 2nd pic, right where the tire disappears under the fender lip, but I don`t see anything in #3. If it were me, I`d probably want to get it repainted, but I`d learn to live with it. It`s like a wake up call to reality if you can learn to live with it. Keeps you from becoming obsessed with the car to the point where it overshadows everything else in your life.

maximv1
05-03-2005, 05:50 AM
check around in your area, there is probably a mobile painter who can paint the damaged area and blend it in with the rest and be alot cheaper than going to a body shop. call enterprise rent a car and ask who they use. i know they use this process all the time(we deal with them for work). it will cure your blues and be a fraction of the cost.

joyriide1113
05-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Keeps you from becoming obsessed with the car to the point where it overshadows everything else in your life.

pffft! isnt that all of us?

:onthespot

LastDetail
05-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Yeah thats just what I was thinking

Don
05-03-2005, 06:59 PM
pffft! isnt that all of us?

:onthespot

Yeah thats just what I was thinking

Yeah well, it sounded good even though I know it`s :bsflag (The wife hopes I`ll start to believe it though).