PDA

View Full Version : Recommend products for new Red Honda

Pages : [1] 2

mrduke
02-28-2007, 12:29 AM
I recently purchased a 2007 Honda CRV in Tango Red Pearl. I would like recommendations for a polish and sealant to use. On my 1999 CRV I used 3M Swirl Mark Remover and Klasse Sealant. This worked well, but that was not a new car when I bought it. I`m thinking of either Menzerna FPII, then FMJ, or Blackfire Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish followed with Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection.

Thanks,

Duke

RatedG
02-28-2007, 12:32 AM
PIC please! i wanna see what Tango Red Pearl looks like!

imported_rydawg
02-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Are you doing this by hand or a machine?

Scottwax
02-28-2007, 12:39 AM
What are you specific goals for the paint? Maximum durability? Depth? Bang for the buck?

DM101
02-28-2007, 07:44 AM
I agree with Scottwax. What are your goals? Do you want a good look with excellent durability or maximum looks with less durability. Sealants provide good looks with long term durability and waxes provide max looks with a shorter durability.

jimmybuffit
02-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Clay the car.

Apply 1 coat of Klasse All-In-One. Remove.

Apply 1 thin coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Wait 1 hour. Remove. Wait 18 hours.

Apply 1 more thin coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Wait 1 hour. Remove. Wait 18 hours.

Apply 1 more thin coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Wait 1 hour. Remove. Wait 18 hours.

Apply 1 coat of a fine carnauba wax (Pinnacle, S100, etc.) Remove.

Admire.

Apply wax bi-weekly, and allow it to be a `sacrificial` layer of protection.

It really doesn`t get much better than this...

Good Luck.

Jim

RTexasF
02-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Here`s the rear trunklid of my Redondo Red Pearl Accord done with Wolfgang sealant (no polish) applied with a PC and white pad, removed by hand. Not the most durable but it provides quite a nice look in my opinion. The photo was taken in the garage, the reflections are driveway & the houses across the street.

DM101
02-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Clay, Menzerna Final Polish II, Red moose Glaze, Pin. Souveran. will look great on red!

mrduke
02-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the replys so far!

I use a DA polisher for any prep work, but have always applied the final layer, whether it be a wax or sealant, by hand.

My goal is both durability and looks, but I would probably lean more toward durability.

One thing I do not like to see is swirl marks, spider webbing etc. I prefer to actually remove them, or at least round them off, instead of just filling. Since this is a new vehicle, there is hardly any of that yet. Simply some minor imperfections from the dealer washings.

Jim`s recommendation of the Klasse AIO, followed by Sealant Glaze, then carnuba wax sounds close to what I used to do. Though I never used the wax top coat. I did layer the Sealant Glaze.

I never used the AIO on my previous CRV because it wasn`t new when I got it, and I felt like the AIO would not do as well on the swirl marks as 3M Swirl Remover. I am leaning toward not using the 3M on this new cars paint, thinking it might be a little too much. I had read that the Final Polish II used very fine polishing agents (no fillers), and the Blackfire Finishing Polish maybe just a little less fine.

I am not very familiar with the Wolfgang products, though I am researching them now.

Any further recommendations or comment is much appreciated.

Duke

DM101
02-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Sealant - clay, fpII, Prime strong., JW AJ....

mrduke
02-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Sealant - clay, fpII, Prime strong., JW AJ....

I have researched the JW products, but why use both the FPII and Prime Strong? Isn`t the Prime Strong a mildly abrasive polish also, along with acrylic content?

Duke

imported_rydawg
02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Honda has softer paint and a good AIO will work great as long as there are no major scratches and defects. I have been using ZAIO quite often and it has a good punch with good durability. Top with CS and it will be glossy and wet looking and have great durability. You can even top with Z5 without zfx if you use ZAIO.

Just an easy option with great results!

David Fermani
02-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Clay the car.

Apply 1 coat of Klasse All-In-One. Remove.

Apply 1 thin coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Wait 1 hour. Remove. Wait 18 hours.

Apply 1 coat of a fine carnauba wax (Pinnacle, S100, etc.) Remove.

Admire.

Apply wax bi-weekly, and allow it to be a `sacrificial` layer of protection.

It really doesn`t get much better than this...

Good Luck.

Jim

That the most over overkill for a new car I`ve ever seen! :wow:

Hondaph00l
02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Somebody said, clay, FP2, JW prime and then AJT and that should look good, be durable, and protect pretty well. Usually JW AJ looks great but maybe a carnuaba would add a little more wetness or w/e, your choice.

Question... Why are you guys suggesting prime strong over prime?

Alex

Envious Eric
02-28-2007, 06:11 PM
wash, clay, light polish, sealant, carnuba....

FpII, megs 21 sealant, carnuba wax of choice...

looks are purely in the eyes of the beholder....