PDA

View Full Version : Why No Mother`s Products?

Pages : [1] 2

Tnwagn
02-27-2007, 10:25 PM
It seems like everything I look at on this site has lots of familiar products, but one brand that never comes up is Mother`s. Are their products just not up to the standards of the others, or what? I`m a total newbie when it comes to detailing and was recommended Mother`s by a friend. I just don`t want to head down the wrong road. Thanks for the help guys.

BlueLibby04
02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
yea, their products are fine for the average and even above average detailer. Most people just like other brands and believe they give better results, and they may.. But mothers is a good brand.. :)

Im a meguiars freak myself. :D

twitch
02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
People use Mother`s products. They sell decent products which are available OTC (over the counter) at your local stores.

Welcome to Autopia. Buckle up and enjoy your stay. And as a fair warning:

You will soon become obsessed.

:woot:

Spilchy
02-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Mother`s newer lines including Reflections (carnauba look) and FX (sealant look) both have excellent liquid and spray waxes. They also make an excellent Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and tire shine.

I`m not too sure about their swirl removers. I`ve never used them.

Some of our foreign members like Alex Ruiz and Alfisti both use them and really rave about them.

If you do a search for the Reflections and FX lines here, you`ll see favorable reviews.

:welcome

BigJimZ28
02-27-2007, 10:42 PM
I`m not too sure about their swirl removers.

Mothers Power Polish is a nice polish

works well and finishes down nice

imported_rydawg
02-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Way back in the day I use to use Mothers Sealer & Glaze after a final finish polish. It left a thick clean gloss. I might have to try some and bring back some old memories. I went through 2 bottles a week for years when I used it. I was addicted...

Tnwagn
02-27-2007, 10:46 PM
And as a fair warning:

You will soon become obsessed.

:woot:

Yeah, it`s already started. Guess I`ve got to now find someway to get more money for products. Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I`ll just go throught the supplies I have now and wait to get better stuff when I`ve saved up a little more dough.

twitch
02-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah, it`s already started. Guess I`ve got to now find someway to get more money for products. Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I`ll just go throught the supplies I have now and wait to get better stuff when I`ve saved up a little more dough.

Use what you have and your results can be great.

Just practice and remember that 99% of the detail is preperation. Don`t be too wrapped up in the product names (yeah I know easier said than done) :D

06E90
02-27-2007, 11:13 PM
I really like Mothers` products. I have both FX and Reflections, Also FX spray wax, Back to Black, Power Polish, and their clay kit, cleaner wax and step 2 sealer/glaze. I even have a bottle of the old "Hot Wheels" wax that came with a little car. All their products have been excellent.

On a side note, WalMart is carrying more Mothers products now. My local WM has the clay kit for less than $12!

Scottwax
02-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Mothers is one of the best retail level brands, but most people here use boutique or professional products. Meguiars #80 series products is a lot more well known than Mother`s professional level products, most likely because Meguiars only sold to professionals until the early 70s and are a lot more established in that market.

imported_truzoom
02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Even though Mother`s does make a professional line of products to deal with paint correction, I have always felt their product offering was only a slight notch above Black Magic or Eagle 1. I really do like their products but they seriously need to either be more competitive for shelf space in large retail stores or make their presence more obvious.

wannafbody
02-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Mothers Powerpolish is a great OTC polish

BigAl3
02-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Even though Mother`s does make a professional line of products to deal with paint correction

actually, they do... Mothers Professional Formula Products (http://www.autobarn.net/moprfopr.html)

also... if anyone is looking to try the reflections line, i have some for trade/sell... http://autopia.org/forum/trading-post/72319-mothers-reflections-sale-trade.html?highlight=mothers

RCBuddha
02-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Mothers Powerpolish is a great OTC polish

+1

I really liked their FX Synwax as well; it was easy to use and looked great.

Corey Bit Spank
02-28-2007, 04:08 AM
I love FX Synwax Spraywax. FX synwax is great, too.