PDA

View Full Version : Getting lost in the world of Menzerna

imported_Malachi
02-27-2007, 09:58 PM
In the canuba world, I use the 1Z products which are easy to understand, in terms of correction ability it would go from UPP, PP, MP, WPS.

Now I want to make sure the paint is corrected before I put on AJ. So I bought FPII and it seems to be the product that should be used just prior to putting on Prime and then AJ. What do I use if my swirl marks are more than FPII can handle?

I was tempted to buy IP until I read:

"Intensive Polish should be used on older vehicles with dull, oxidized or neglected paint or on any vehicle when trying to remove specific paint defects (water spots, swirls, scratches not going through the clear coat, etc.)." as a description on ProperAuto Care.

I thought this is for cars that have been neglected. My car did not fit that description so I passed. My question is if IP is a UPP equivalent and FPII would be a MP equivalent what would be a PP equivalent? Is it 106FF?

TIA

Envious Eric
02-27-2007, 10:03 PM
buy the IP....and use a heavy polishing pad, or a light cutting pad...then use the FPII on a light polishing pad

imported_etml12
02-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I cant help with the comparison with 1Z product but I don`t think you`ll have a problem with the IP. I just used it on new Honda paint (comparatily soft) with an orange 4" pad and still had to work to remove some hard water spots. For the most part, Properautocare is quite conservative with thier polish descriptions.

SVR
02-27-2007, 10:54 PM
It`s only a 1500 grit compound which is fairly soft compared to 600 grit cutters like H/ temp

Great thing about the IP and FP twins is no matter how I use them I always end up with a hologram free finish