PDA

View Full Version : Eurow sheepskin in washing machine

Pages : [1] 2

BMW335i
02-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I called the manufacturer and they said not to do it. Yet many autopians here do it with no ill-effects. Is it safe?

Quite frankly I am getting tired of hand-washing them.

thesacrifice
02-27-2007, 09:39 PM
too brittle, I dont trust the wash machine with them.

a.k.a. Patrick
02-27-2007, 09:47 PM
I dont recommend it either. Theres too much agitation for a gentle cleaning, nor will any supplier warranty for such use...

A simple cleaning method is to just agitate it in a bucket of water with a light soap solution. Rinse (you dont even have to do that), and let dry out of sun.

Spilchy
02-27-2007, 09:59 PM
I disagree.

I have both a delicate and a hand wash option on my Whirlpool washing machine.

Both are fine for washing sheepskins.

I use a cold wash with cold rinse and NO soap. I allow the residual car wash soap to act as the surfactant to clean the mitt. It rinses fully clean and dries nicely clipped to a clothes hanger in my basement.

derekbmw
02-27-2007, 10:13 PM
i just hand-wash them.

PakShak
02-27-2007, 10:16 PM
I too prefer to wash them by hand. I have heard from a couple of customers who ran into issues with the elastic band after it came out of the wash. So we recommend washing it by hand only.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

pt91
02-27-2007, 10:16 PM
I disagree.

I have both a delicate and a hand wash option on my Whirlpool washing machine.

Both are fine for washing sheepskins.

I use a cold wash with cold rinse and NO soap. I allow the residual car wash soap to act as the surfactant to clean the mitt. It rinses fully clean and dries nicely clipped to a clothes hanger in my basement.

I do the same more or less. I wash mine after every use and line dry.

BigJimZ28
02-27-2007, 10:18 PM
why ?

it`s so easy to wash them by hand

BMW335i
02-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I guess I am being a bit too throrough when washing my sheepskins.

Would simple, light 3 min agitation suffice and get them clean?

BigJimZ28
02-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Would simple, light 3 min agitation suffice and get them clean?

I put it in the sink,

give it a squirt of dawn,

rub the dawn through with my hands

rinse all the soap out

hang to dry

2 min. max

3Dog
02-27-2007, 11:29 PM
When I am washing I already have soap and a grit guard..so after washing I lay the mitt on the grit guard and spray clean.....done.

Hey, Moe!
02-27-2007, 11:41 PM
When I feel the need to wash out my Eurows, I hand wash. I let `em soak a bit in a Woolite bath, then go in and hand agitate them for a few minutes. I rinse really well, and let them air dry, or on the line if it is warm outside.

It`s worked well for me.

a.k.a. Patrick
02-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey guys, to each our own. We all have our own philosophy with MF`s too.....I seriously doubt any of us use waxes and polishes according to manufacturers directions. Im not about to get in a pissing contest with the friends I have met here over a sheepskin.

Lets agree to disagree and be done with it...........

Changeling
02-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, to each our own. We all have our own philosophy with MF`s too.....I seriously doubt any of us use waxes and polishes according to manufacturers directions. Im not about to get in a pissing contest with the friends I have met here over a sheepskin.

Lets agree to disagree and be done with it...........

Sounds good to me, just what do we do with sheep skin, I intend to clean it with "ALL liquid detergent" if it screws up, well I`ll figure it out!

One thing that I don`t see discussed that has grown very dear to me ($$$, gone) in the past and current week is the effect of these wax`s/solvents, and anything that might be on pads, Lambs Wool, etc, is it`s effect on those that have there own septic system (Pipes/tank or septic field)!! Are all these things septic system safe? This is a real "BIG" question you better consider!

Changeling

PS: Reason: Drains backed up this past Saturday, unplugged, cost $150.00, stopped up again, plumber wanted another $150.00 to come out because he didn`t know what I did to my drains in a couple of days! I directed him to a very southern place to go!!

Plumber # two charged me $100.00 to unplug drain, This morning it was backed up again! Plumber wanted another $100.00 to come out, directed him to join the first plumber in the southern place.

I called the plumber (Head plumber) at Lowe`s in Frederick Maryland for a plummer recommendation, turns out he does some work on the side came down and cleared it for $25.00, but explained the whole process and said he didn`t like the way it cleared and didn`t trust it, if there was any problem to just give him a call !!

Think about it, all three did the same thing, first two, no guarantee! Last guy, spent longer than the other two together taking the time to explain the whole thing and give me the warning that something wasn`t right, call him if I had another problem immediately! The money I gave him would be deducted from any further work!

Just make sure anything going down your drains doesn`t have some adverse effect on your septic system! Sorry to RANT, but GOOD GRIEF!!!!!:wall

stilez
02-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I do it on the regular. I find it stays a bit more fluffy this way and cleaner.