PDA

View Full Version : Need a detailer in Seattle

pyropoptrt
02-27-2007, 09:46 AM
I have a friend who moved up to Seattle about a year ago and she is needed a detailer to take her under his/her wings and teach her how to properly detail. When she used to live in Mississippi I used to detail her car for her and teach her along the way. I know she has some s100 but not sure what else she might have.

Here`s a pic of her car when she lived down here:

http://www.cadillacthursday.com/gallery/dubs/image/595/gretch.jpg

In case you were wondering that was VM, EX-P, S100

imported_Grouse
02-27-2007, 07:42 PM
I`m up for at least talking to her, and helping her get on the right track. Go ahead and have her pm or email me.

pyropoptrt
02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
anyone else?

imported_Grouse
02-28-2007, 05:58 PM
This is a pretty dead forum, I know of one other detailer in the area that is worth their salt. They do not regularly look at this forum though... (autopia that is)

Janeseattle
03-12-2007, 02:43 AM
I am a new owner of an awesome coupe 3series and soon I will be needing a competent detailer. Any info who is the best in town?

imported_Grouse
03-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Again I am more than willing. I currently advertise with BMWCCAPSR. Sending a PM with info

Jammer
03-25-2007, 05:15 PM
I have seen Grouse`s work- definetly know`s his stuff.... and no I`m not related to him.

Cactus1
07-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Grouse,

Do you know of any good detailers in the Tacoma - Olympia area?

imported_Grouse
07-26-2007, 10:50 PM
besides me?

Cactus1
07-26-2007, 10:55 PM
besides me?

:laugh: Well, if you work in Tacoma I probably don`t need anyone else! From photos I`ve seen, your work is first class.

But I`d rather have root canal than drive to Seattle. Are you mobile or have a fixed location?

Thanks.

imported_Grouse
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I am fully mobile. I will pm you my info.

bhjazz
07-31-2007, 11:10 PM
Well, to know who to go to, how about a who not to go to...

I was not particularly happy with Iden`s in Bellevue, WA. Overworked staff and less-than-stellar results. Maybe one of their other shops might be good. If I had the time, I`m sure I could have done better myself...

Edit: I suppose I should give a couple of quick examples. The extractor work with light colored carpets seemd quite heavy handed. They looked a bit odd when they were done. Was that the right tool to use? Much of the interior was clean, but Armor-All shiny and a bit dangerous to use (stick shift).

But the biggest irritant to me was using some kind of steel wool, I believe, on the leather. Now, I`ve cleaned that leather before and using a brush, was able to get it amazingly clean. Their technique took all the grained beauty out of the leather, making it look super smooth and plastic-like.

Next time, I`ll take some vacation days and do it myself.

imported_Grouse
07-31-2007, 11:40 PM
I guess i would need to know more about how the carpets were originally, and how they ended up.

I ask my customers which they prefer shiny or matte finish. 95% say matte. dressing the dead pedal, clutch, brake, gas and steering wheel is asking for an accident.

My guess sis they lathered on a thick cream on the leather. I would bet that most of the grain is simply filled in with paste like goo. You might be able to simply clean it off.

FWIW i service the greater seattle area as a mobile shop.