PDA

View Full Version : Lost a great friend...

Pages : [1] 2

Way2SSlow
02-27-2007, 08:49 AM
I haven`t had a chance to cruise Autopia lately and I really do like this messageboard so I thought I should post this here. On Thursday night Feb 22 one of my very closest friends in the world was involved in a fatal motorcycle accident. He was riding his Yamaha R6 down a busy (but familiar) road when a motorist who was turning left on a green light failed to yield. My friend struck the car and was thrown from his bike. He was rushed to a trauma center where he held on for a little while longer. I got there while he was still alive, but just as they were about to allow me to see him, his blood pressure dropped and he was rushed to surgery. I sat in the waiting room for what seemed like hours as other friends showed up. I was pacing, my heart was racing, my stomach was in knots. This is the second time I`ve had a VERY (I considered them brothers) close friend involved in a wreck. Fortunately, my other buddy pulled through. Anyway, I will NEVER forget when the patient relations lady came out into that waiting room, scanned all of our faces, looking us in the eyes and said "I`m sorry, he didnt make it."

The last few days have been very painful for me. He meant so much to myself and to my family. He was a great person and he touched the lives of everyone who was fortunate enough to know him. Anyway, I`ve been mourning and my friends have been so great. they haven`t left me alone through any of this. I`ve been losing sleep, vomiting, and just been absolutely sick. We did everything together, we were that tight.

I buffed and sealed his car a few weeks ago, and he was so proud. He loved that car so much. I used my LGCM to put the lines in his carpet and he would tell everyone not to put their feet down because he didnt want the lines ruined. I was the one who put the lines in there and I rode all the way to the mall holding my feet up. :D Anyway, the reason I posted this on Autopia is two fold. 1) To thank all the people here who have taught me so much about detailing. I was able to use it to make my friend happy. I polished his car for a few hours and didnt finish until around Midnight on a friday night. He was making everyone go out and look at it in the sun so you could see the pearl. His mother (who doesnt live here) will be coming down to take care of all of his things and drive his car back. I am holding the keys to the car for her until she arrives. I plan on getting the car and giving it a full balls to the wall detail because he was just SO proud last time I did that. My second reason: to remind everyone how short life is and how quickly things can change. I went to dinner with my friend just the night before, and I was on the phone with him just hours before this happened. Just hours later one of the best friends I`ve ever had was gone. Please make sure those who are close to you know how much they mean. That is one regret that I`m glad I dont have. Lee knew how much my family and I loved him. Please take a second to let everyone know how glad you are to have them in your life, because tomorrow isnt for sure. Thanks for reading... This has been a very tough time for me.

Wade

RIP Lee Daniel Boss. You`ll never be forgotten.

General Lee
02-27-2007, 09:13 AM
I`m so sorry for your loss Wade. You know the Autopia community will be here for you. Hang in there sir.

Setec Astronomy
02-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Man, that`s tough; thanks for posting that. My condolences.

Eliot Ness
02-27-2007, 09:23 AM
I`m very sorry for your loss. One of my best friends (since second grade) passed away suddenly about three years ago. Hang in there Wade, it will get easier, and the good memories of your friend will be with you forever.

BoxsterCharlie
02-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks for posting this here. Carpe Diem.

Accumulator
02-27-2007, 12:46 PM
My sincere condolences, Wade.

I appreciate your sharing it with us, the decision to do so must`ve taken a lot of thought.

I`m glad you were able to do the recent detail on his car, and I sure hope you *do* get the car, that`d be great. And I`m glad you`d been spending time with him. It`s so easy to put things off until a tomorrow that never comes.

Diesel1
02-27-2007, 01:12 PM
My condolences as well. My best friend, who like you I called a brother from another mother, was killed on his GSXR-600 in July 2001. I haven`t been the same since and still think about him everyday! As someone else mentioned, time will help ease the pain, but never quite cure it. I know those first few months were terrible for me and looking back, I really wish I took the advice from many people which was to go speak to someone (A professional) regaridng it. I never did thinking I was stronger, tougher, better, yadda yadda....just didn`t need to. As I reflect back, I know I should have as that incident really screwed up alot of things in my life.

I am very sorry for your loss and unfortunately I know how it feels to have people trying to help but the end result is never what you really want which is to be able to hang out with your buddy again. Just remember not to get angry at people trying to help, they all have their own ways of helping and although you may not see it at times, they do have the best intentions.

Bioman
02-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear. I hear many of these stories all the time and you can never be too careful when riding a motorcycle. I have a R6 as well, was he a member of any R6 forums?

NorthPac
02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
My condolences as well, my cousin which I knew all my life just a few day ago committed suicide, he was a real good deputy Sheriff had a family he was a real nice smart guy, he served in Vietnam and it got the worse of him, War is hell. And other good friend six months ago got into an accident and he is paralyzed from the waist down. I had other real good friend I went to school with died in the line of duty in afghan three months after the bombing of the towers. I went soon after to marine base in San Diego to help out when I walked up to the front door his 3 year old child has playing in front and he said guess what my Daddy died and my stomach dropped down and then realized the kid didn’t know the meaning of death.

imported_gusbubba
02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
So sorry for your loss.

I also recently lost a good friend (to cancer) and my sister (heart attack)---both under 40.

It never gets easy to deal with ,you just learn to cope.

My sympathy...my empathy...and my condolences to you.

Stay strong.

twitch
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Hang in there Wade and remember you will always be able to hold onto the memories you shared. This, of course, doesn`t make it a whole lot easier but when you have just a bit to hold onto it can be comforting at times.

Be sure to post pictures of Lee’s car after the detail. You know many of us would love to see it especially with all the meaning behind it.

I wish all of you the best of luck.

Take care man.

Scottwax
02-27-2007, 08:38 PM
I`m very sorry to hear about your friend. Extra sorry that his death was 100% preventable if people would just pay attention before turning left or pulling out. Completely senseless.

Like the others, I know all too well how you feel. When I was a lot younger, a friend of mine was killed when a rock hauler blew through a traffic light 2-3 seconds after the light changed, going 58 in a 50. Just a few years ago, a customer of mine was out hiking with his wife and dropped dead because of a burst aorta. You just never know.

JohnZ3MC
02-28-2007, 12:55 AM
I`m sorry to hear of your loss Wade, your buddy sounded like a heck of a guy.

I know it`s not much comfort now, but years from now when you think back, you`ll know you spent your last few days, your last times, being tight. Dinner, detailing his car, rushing to the hospital ...... You did it all and there`s nothing more you could have done. Everything you could have done, you did. You were there, arse in the seat, feet up in the air, lines in the carpet, laughing like pals do. Good times, the best of times,

Hang in there pal, take it one day at a time, and you`re right, friends are precious.

You did right.

-John C.

Way2SSlow
02-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Thank you guys so much for the replies. They really mean alot. It`s crazy that I came to this messageboard for you guys to help me through some detailing issues I was having....fast forward to the last couple days, and you`re now helping me get through the most difficult time I`ve ever faced. It just goes to show how many really great people are out there. We had a little memorial type party (I`m calling it a party instead of memorial, because that`s what he would call it..he was a very happy-go-lucky kinda guy) on Sunday for him. We didnt set the time in stone until late afternoon on Saturday, so people had really no notice. We had about 30-40 people show up and a ton of people that wanted to be there, but couldnt (cant blame them with the no notice thing).

Again guys, I cant thank you enough for the support. I`ll be flying up to Pennsylvania tomorrow morning early to attend the services for him. So, the days have been getting a little easier as I just force myself to think only about the good times we had. Tomorrow and Friday will probably be pretty rough, but I will be there for his family.

Thanks again guys,

Wade

Stickman81
02-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Wade,

I can not imagine what you are going through.

Prayers and thoughts for you, your family and his.

Jim