PDA

View Full Version : MF Soaking suggestion

Grimm
02-27-2007, 08:12 AM
I just thought I would post about something I tried this weekend.

I washed all of my towels this weekend after my first try with ONR, and had several dirty ones including my white Walmart WW that was rather brown. My wife had just bought a refill bottle of Spray N Wash with Resolve. So for the heck of it, I filled up a bucket and dumped in some SNW, and let the mf`s soak for a couple hours. When I took them out, the water was black. Before when I`ve washed my mf`s they haven`t come completly clean if they got dirty from the wheels or something. But this time I threw them in the washer and was pretty amazed at how clean they came out. A couple still had something on them that looked like grease, but otherwise they were all looking just about good as new. Even the Walmart WW was white again!

a.k.a. Patrick
02-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Nice find! A little on the expensive side to launder? How much SNW did you use?

Grimm
02-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Not a lot. It was probably two gallons of water, and I didn`t measure the SNW but I`d guess I put in between 1 and 2 ounces. I had about a dozen towels in the bucket, and I just mixed them around for a couple minutes and let them sit.

Setec Astronomy
02-27-2007, 08:40 AM
I have had pretty good success spraying some Charlie`s APC on those WW spots prior to washing, but it gets to be kind of a drag going through them and pretreating spots like that. I think with those white W-M WW`s, if I get enough of them built up I will wash them in hot (I usually do colored WW`s in warm).

touchofdetail
03-05-2007, 03:13 PM
what do u guys think about using purple power or simple green on them?

Krodad
03-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I presoak mine in simple green or sometimes one of the orange citrus degreasers....mix a pretty mild solution and let them set for a half day or so, then in the washer with hot water and the 2nd rinse function on...they always come out like new.