PDA

View Full Version : And it was only a matter of time, a thread soley dedicated to KAIO vs ZAIO vs Prime

Pages : [1] 2

danforz
02-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Hey guys, I know there was some talk about this in the ZAIO/ZCS release threads, but I wanted to start a new thread solely on the topic.

How do the abbrassive and cleaning qualities of the following compare:

Prime Strong

Z-AIO

K-AIO

Looks wise, which adds the greatest gloss and shine?

gmblack3
02-27-2007, 03:29 AM
I have never used KAIO, but have used PS and ZAIO.

Right now I am over 50 days (Jan 06) with a beta version of ZAIO on my beater. Its still holding up very well and looks great. All it gets is either Z7 or QEW washes, no Z6/8.

These pics where taken at the 50 day mark:

rinse down the car before a Z7 wash:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8328/img3048by0.jpg

After Z7 wash, again no Z6/8:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8612/img3051qc6.jpg

I think the cleaning abilities are close, but the ZAIO has more abrasive ability.

Check this thread (http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/85324-torch-red-corvette-new-zaino-products.html) to see how ZAIO looks on a red vette.

chutney
02-27-2007, 03:30 AM
I`ve only used JW Prime and K-AIO. For me the cleaning qualities and the gloss & shine of Prime are superior to K-AIO.

holland_patrick
02-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Poorboys PwS should be in there.. the gloss it give is amazing.

imported_DennisH
02-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Maybe you should include Optimum Poli-Seal. I understand that you can get 3 plus months of durability, pad dependent paint correction and cleaning ability all in one. The only time I have used it was do a quick bird dodo correction using a PC ornage pad and I was impressed but plan to prep my Mini Cooper just as soon as the weather breaks. AG sells it for 19.99 for 32oz which to me is a great buy. This is the first Optimum product I have tried but will be trying more in the future.

imported_themightytimmah
02-27-2007, 12:44 PM
OPS has been a very impressive product in my experience - it surpasses KAIO and Prime in cleaning, although PWS and Prime Strong still have it beat in that department. I use it on pretty much every detail for windows, painted rims and metal. It is my go-to product on newer cars that only need to be clayed and one-stepped.

I`ve heard great things about Z-AIO too, but it sure is pricey.

thesacrifice
02-27-2007, 01:00 PM
PS > KAIO in marring reducing capabilities....but PS gunks up for me and needs a little extra attention in certain spots during removal....

Used ZAIO yesterday and on and off like KAIO and had a similiar look. It went on by hand on a foam pad so I don`t know its ability to correct paint.

Junebug
02-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Optimum - there`s that name again, I swear I will buy a bunch of their products if - please dear Lord, let the weather break and give me customers. Once I use my current products I will try Optimum.

imported_rydawg
02-27-2007, 02:31 PM
I have KAIO (old version)and ZAIO. ZAIO in my opinion has a little more cutting power with the right pad. Even by hand it is amazing and the gloss is very good too. I like either cause I can top with z5 (no zfx)and then cs. I have not tried Prime yet. I have heard good thing on OPS, but you can not use z5 on it, so that is my down fall.

I am very happy with ZAIO and will continue to purchase more again when I am out. That`s only my opinion!

DM101
02-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Optimum - there`s that name again, I swear I will buy a bunch of their products if - please dear Lord, let the weather break and give me customers. Once I use my current products I will try Optimum.

It`s 68 degrees here in SC..... I``ll send it your way

danforz
03-01-2007, 12:03 AM
No more opinions on this?

joshtpa
03-01-2007, 07:47 AM
I did a brief thread that compared the Klasse, Optimum, and Zaio this last week.

imported_NHBFAN
06-25-2007, 06:04 PM
No more opinions on this?

Yeah ... what Danforz sez :laugh:

RCBuddha
06-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I`ll take ZAIO over KAIO and JW Prime. ZAIO seems to spread and remove much easier via PC or Cyclo. As far as cleaning power, I couldn`t notice a significant difference b/w the three.

Scottwax
06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
I`ll take ZAIO over KAIO and JW Prime. ZAIO seems to spread and remove much easier via PC or Cyclo. As far as cleaning power, I couldn`t notice a significant difference b/w the three.

I`d have to disagree with respects to ease of use. Prime goes on and off at least as easily as ZAIO.

Klasse AIO and Prime`s appearance is more of a tradition sealant look while ZAIO has a somewhat warmer, more carnauba look. All three clean very well.