PDA

View Full Version : Finishing the interior of my trailer

kpagel
02-26-2007, 04:47 PM
I recently bought a 5x8 enclosed trailer to use for detailing. Overall its a very nice trailer, but the interior has wood walls and floors. I`m going to cover the floor with garage tiles, but I can`t figure out how to make the walls look cleaner. I talked to the manufacturer about vinyl walls and the cost is over $1200! :soscared: I considered simply painting the wood, but I don`t think that will look much better. I also thought about FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) since its strong and cleans up easily, but figured it would look like a bathroom. Basically, I`m just trying to make the interior look more professional. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, I`m thinking of doing diamond plate on the inside of the doors, but doing the entire walls will be far too heavy and expensive.

BlueZero
02-26-2007, 05:01 PM
What about those self adhesive vinyl tiles? My buddy did those on the floor of his trailer, looks nice and cheap. Think they are about a $1 each, for a 12x12 tile. So for the floor of a 5x8 trailer you are looking at $40. He did a black and white checker pattern. His trailer was used to haul his shifter cart. Think he did end up replacing a few tiles that came loose over time. But still, for that price you can`t beat it.

kpagel
02-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the input. I actually already have floor tiles on order. I`m now trying to come up with solutions to cover the walls.

BlueZero
02-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Same thing on the walls? Or you could stain and seal the wood, might look cool? Or metal liner panel? Or the FRP as you said? Or just paint?

Can`t wait to see the finished product.

mikebai1990
02-26-2007, 05:17 PM
If you take a look at this thread, you can see TexasTB`s beautiful trailer. It might give you some more ideas :) http://autopia.org/forum/professional-detailers/83334-new-detail-trailer-progress-thread-5.html?

kpagel
02-26-2007, 05:27 PM
If you take a look at this thread, you can see TexasTB`s beautiful trailer. It might give you some more ideas :) http://autopia.org/forum/professional-detailers/83334-new-detail-trailer-progress-thread-5.html?

Thanks, I`ve definitely been looking at that thread a lot lately.

kpagel
02-26-2007, 05:55 PM
I`m now thinking of removing the wood and just lining the walls with white peg board. I`m thinking it would look cleaner, in addition to being much more practical.

Shelbrain
02-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Here is another option besides the pegboard:

Slatwall Systems (http://www.slatwallsystems.com/)

MikeN
02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Take a look at the vinyl covered board at HD/Lowes for the side walls too. Easy to clean surface, etc.

Oreilly907
02-26-2007, 08:52 PM
I painted an enclosed` with those walls with an epoxy paint. 2 part, I think it came from Sherwin-Williams. Very bright and I could clean it with anything. Good luck.

kpagel
02-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I painted an enclosed` with those walls with an epoxy paint. 2 part, I think it came from Sherwin-Williams. Very bright and I could clean it with anything. Good luck.

I really like the idea of an epoxy paint. I`ll look into it.