PDA

View Full Version : FMJ Topper

baker
02-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Have an order on the way with FMJ as one of the products coming. Is this a good stand alone lsp ? What do others put over, or under FMJ?

imported_Grouse
02-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Generally i put nothing under fmj, if i do it is menzerna`s finishing touch Glaze and then only in small area`s.

As for over,

Natty`s x2 on light solid colored cars. White, Yellow, light Blue

Natty`s blue x2 on Dark solid colors black, red, green, nogaro blue

CG 50/50 on nearly all metalics and perals.

ZeroDfx
02-26-2007, 12:46 PM
I used FMJ as my LSP on my wife`s bright electric Caribbean Blue 2003 G35 and it looks great as is; I didn`t see a need to put anything else on top.

I will be re-doing my black 1997 BMW 540 soon and I intend to try the FTG underneath the FMJ. Because of the age of my car, the hood is a little sand-blasted with small nicks and chips along the front edge; I am thinking of applying a black colored wax after the FMJ to hide/fill the "white specking" I get after wiping off the FPII and FMJ dust. I`ll see how this looks and decide whether I`ll do it elsewhere on the car.

Nick

ptaylor_9849
02-26-2007, 01:19 PM
FMJ looks really nice by itself. I also never felt the need to put anything on top. However, FMJ does lose it`s water beading ability within about 3 weeks so I`m skeptical about it`s durablity. I was toying with the idea of trying Zaino Clear Seal on top for added durability but I haven`t decided yet. This is a great site that is full of information but on the other hand all the product options and methods of application can confuse the hell out of you.

Too bad all these products didn`t come in a trial size so you could try them all without going bankrupt.

05Sleeper
02-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I had Grouse put a layer of 50/50 on top of my FMJ and it looked great! Super wet with Metallic flake popping like I have never seen it! It looked great!

If you are going for looks, then the 50/50 is definitely the way to go!

As for me, personally, I don`t think I will be topping the FMJ with anything anymore as I love the way it practically repels water off of my car in the rain, and doesn`t attract dust. I would probably be adding a coat or 2 very week so durability would not be an issue for me...