PDA

View Full Version : Using Z5Pro over an un-polished, swirlled vehicle...

danforz
02-26-2007, 04:06 AM
Hey guys, curious if there was an issue when applying Z5pro (with or with out ZFX) with having polished out the swirls?

I read somewhere that Zaino will actually bring more attention to the swirls if they are not removed before hand via PC?

Thoughts?

Cassman
02-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey guys, curious if there was an issue when applying Z5pro (with or with out ZFX) with having polished out the swirls?

I read somewhere that Zaino will actually bring more attention to the swirls if they are not removed before hand via PC?

Thoughts?

I guess the question is: Why? Get the swirls taken out first so you have clear paint. As you so often read here, it is all in the preparation.

Accumulator
02-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Disclaimer: I have never used Zaino products on paint so I only know from what I`ve seen on other peoples` vehicles.

Most sealants *do* make marring jump out at you, the finish is shiny but the scratches/swirls really show. I`ve seen imperfectly prepped vehicles with Z5 on them...the owners said how it "hid the swirls" but I could still see the marring quite clearly and thought it looked awful. They thought "great", I thought "awful" :nixweiss

I`d do some kind of (abrasive) polishing first, even if it`s just a quick pass with ZAIO.

imported_JoshVette
02-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Z5 is actually designed to help fill in small scratchs.

Just make sure you claybar the car first and it wouldn`t hurt to run a paint cleaner or light compound over the car with the PC before you Z5 it.:xyxthumbs

danforz
02-26-2007, 01:20 PM
The issue is guys, I don`t have a PC and will only be using KAIO by hand prior to adding the z5pro.

imported_themightytimmah
02-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Z5pro does not hide swirls very well, IMHO. It does pretty well in the shade but as soon as you get it under the sun or halogens, the truth comes out. If you want hiding, try Vanilla Moose instead of AIO and NXT or Collinite for a wax.

sbkang
02-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Z5 isn`t a miracle filler. If the surface is noticeably in need of correction before Z5, it will still be noticeably in need of correction after. Just shinier.

wannafbody
02-26-2007, 06:47 PM
take a trip to Big Lots and get the $20 orbital sander and order a LC white pad and orange pad. Use either ZPC or your favorite polish (with an ISO wipedown) or KAIO with the orbital. Inexpensive and will look better.