PDA

View Full Version : I loved my bottle of fk425 but its gone, so...

Pages : [1] 2

ron231
02-26-2007, 01:58 AM
I loved 425, slick, smells like cotton candy, nice shine no residue etc... But I am out now and wanna try somethin new, so quickshine or crystal mist?

Pennypacker
02-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Between those two, I`d go with Quickshine. Crystal Mist is great, but it`s more a wax booster than a QD, plus it`s really expensive.

ron231
02-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Well according to AG the newly reformulated crystal mist is a true QD.

But I am not looking for cleaning power, for that I enjoy my QD mix of ONR. What attracted me to crystal mist is that it has oils in it, and I am a big fan of the wet look.

I might even try zymol`s spray because of its oils.

BigJimZ28
02-26-2007, 08:51 AM
well if your not looking for cleaning power ..............have you tried Aquawax?

it`s cheap an leaves a real nice look!

imported_Bence
02-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Aquawax is not an equivalent of 425. 425 i a QD, AW is a spray sealant. FC&S is the equivalent of 425.

I checked the prices of gallon QDs, but with USD29, the 425 is priced very reasonably. I wanted to try the PrÃ`ma Slick instead, but it costs USD60... I`ll stick with 425.

BigJimZ28
02-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Aquawax is not an equivalent of 425. 425 i a QD, AW is a spray sealant. FC&S is the equivalent of 425.

I checked the prices of gallon QDs, but with USD29, the 425 is priced very reasonably. I wanted to try the PrÃ`ma Slick instead, but it costs USD60... I`ll stick with 425.

who sayed 425=AW?

please reread the post!

ron231 sayed:"But I am not looking for cleaning power"

so I sayed:"well if your not looking for cleaning power ..............have you tried Aquawax?

it`s cheap an leaves a real nice look!"

Accumulator
02-26-2007, 11:53 AM
ron231- I dunno if you`d find the QuikShine (?SP? those "inventive" spellings drive me nuts :rolleyes: ) better than the FK425. I have both and have to make a determined effort to use the QS instead of the FK425, if only to use it up.

I`d lean towards the spray-wax/sealants if you want to try something that`ll be impressive after having used FK425. I`ll be interested to hear what you go with and how it works out for you, I plan on trying something a bit more LSP-like than FK425 one of these days myself.

imported_Bence
02-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Jim, the poster asked for QDs, and you recommended AW, aka apples to oranges. A spray wax/sealant is always a more substantial product than a QD - regardless of cleaning power.

Mr. Clean
02-26-2007, 12:31 PM
ron231- I dunno if you`d find the QwikShine (?SP? those "inventive" spellings drive me nuts :rolleyes: ) better than the FK425. I have both and have to make a determined effort to use the QS instead of the FK425, if only to use it up.

Though I don`t have the FK425 to compare, I find the Quik Shine (had to go look to check the spelling :) ) to be relatively ordinary as compared to other QDs. I finally stuck my bottle in the back of one of the personal vehicles in an "emergency kit".

I`ve read an opinion stating FC&S is not a real "heavy duty" QD as compared to say PB`s S&W. I haven`t picked up any as yet, but sounds like something worth trying...along with FK425 and Prima Slick, and...:lol

Another option is Adam`s Detail Spray. Yes it does clean, but it leaves a pretty nice appearance.

BigJimZ28
02-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Jim, the poster asked for QDs, and you recommended AW, aka apples to oranges. A spray wax/sealant is always a more substantial product than a QD - regardless of cleaning power.

no he sayed:"for that I enjoy my QD mix of ONR"

so he is not looking for a QD

tyoung
02-26-2007, 12:59 PM
You won`t be disapointed with any of the above mentioned QD`s. The only thing I see 425 slightly beating them out because it does seem to repel dust better. But otherwise, they all leave a great gloss.

ron231
02-26-2007, 01:14 PM
no he sayed:"for that I enjoy my QD mix of ONR"

so he is not looking for a QD

You guys are funny, thanks for all the help by the way ut to clear up I am looking for a QD, not a spray wax (I have a bottle of prima hydro in the mail for that and when thats empty im gna get spray souveran).

Im just lookin for one that doesnt have a lot of cleaning power but leaves a super wet finish! 425 was pretty wet (I had a thread on autogeek a while ago about which qd for a wet look and as a result 425 came out on top).

Basically what I mean is if my car is dirty but not so much as to need a wash I will use the ONR QD to clean the dirt off, but for appearance (I QD with 425 every day and all thats on the car is a very thin layer of dust) I want somethin wet.

So that for me is like ONR QD once or twice a week or after a rain and 425 every day in the morning or during lunch for appearance. I like this regimen I just wanna experiment with somethin new to replace the 425 as my morning and/or lunch break appearance enhancer.

I dont like qds that leave the surface super reflecty and bright, I prefer deep dark and wet so it seems something like zymol field glaze or crystal mist would give me the wettest look on my black car...

Anyone used zymol field glaze? I know crystal mist is liked around here but I found very little about field glaze when I searched.

imported_Malachi
02-26-2007, 01:23 PM
I loved 425, slick, smells like cotton candy, nice shine no residue etc... But I am out now and wanna try somethin new, so quickshine or crystal mist?

How about Sonus Carnuba Spritz although it does seem to have some cleaning properties. I have been waffling between this one and FK 425.

BigJimZ28
02-26-2007, 01:40 PM

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Pennypacker
02-26-2007, 02:24 PM
I think 425 is tough to beat if you want a QD that amplifies slickness and gloss and cleaning power is not as much of a consideration. I have not tried the reformulated Crystal Mist, but $20 for 16 oz? :eek: I can`t imagine it being *that* much better than 425. And if I were using Souveran paste wax, I would probably just use the Pinnacle Liquid Spray Wax in between washes (which is the same price).

Note, however, that I haven`t tried either of these new Pinnacle products, so I`m kinda shooting from the hip. :)