PDA

View Full Version : Zaino for Single Stage?

captkirk2
02-23-2007, 12:30 PM
My 1989 Mustang has some of its original paint (cabernet red-maroon). The Hood, fenders and front bumper were repainted when I added a new hood. The deck lid and quarters were repainted under warranty due to factory defects. I guess that leaves the doors, rear bumper cover and the GT ground effects that are still single stage. All of the paint matches well, but I am concerned that using a non oil polish may highlight any texture changes, more porous looking single stage vs clear coat vs flex painted ground effects.

I was considering using Zaino, but dont have Z3. I have all of the other Zaino products. Is Z3 a "must have" if I am using Z or can I use ZAIO the top with Z2, Z5 or CS? Doubt I would ever use the Z3 but for this car. Any polishing I can do with ZPC or any of the many other polishes at my disposal (Perf III, #80, OPC, OC)

Last time I used mothers PP and reflections. Results were OK. In the past I have used PF III with a rotary for fixing any swirls.

Any suggestions?

roadmaster_Tx
02-23-2007, 12:54 PM
I have a 1995 Gs300 with single stage paint as well and have 3 coats of z5, works perfect. I havent noticed any bonding issues whatsoever.