PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn water etching... what to use?

thorco3
02-21-2007, 06:35 PM
First of all I`m a newbie to the forums but not necessarily a newbie to detailing. I recently picked up a canary yellow mustang GTS. Hoping to add to my knowledge of detailing and what products to get and stay away from.

As the title implies I`ve got some water etching that can be easily seen under flourescent lighting. I`ve used some pinnacle twins stuff on it (swirl remover and advanced finishing polish with little progress) I`ve also tried some meguiers light cut on it, again without any headway. I`m using these products with a PC and an orange light cutting pad.

Should I simply step it up to some more serious compounds and a medium cutting pad??? I`m really afraid to take anything too agressive to the car because for a 95 the paint is mint!

anyways, looking forward to posting some on the forums and hopefully somebody will have some suggestions for this car

:woot: :waxing: , I like the smilies too haha

joshtpa
02-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Clearkote Vanilla Moose hand glaze

thorco3
02-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Clearkote Vanilla Moose hand glaze

i`ve wanted to try out some clearkote stuff for a while now, just been spending too much money on the car to be buying more product.

I was thinking about some of the clearkote compouds and a light cutting pad with the PC. I know flourescent lighting is notorious for bringing out paint imperfections but I just want the best starting point to start applying zaino/clearkote or whatever other polishes and sealants I want to lay down.

Bigpoppa3346
02-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I would try the Optimum Compound(OHC or OC) with either a light cutting or cutting pad. They work for a really long time, meaning you can remove more defects when you are working the polish longer. Also, some etching is just too deep to be safely removed.

wannafbody
02-22-2007, 12:26 AM
If they are deep then try Hi-Temp Extreme cut

Forbesk
02-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Spam removed. -- Tort