PDA

View Full Version : After QEW, water spotting?

Cassman
02-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I began using QEW this winter. I have followed the directions and the initial results are great. However, I`ve noticed that I now get large water spots on the horizontal surfaces of my car that I just don`t remember getting before. I don`t have access to a camera, but I would describe the spots as roughly dime to nickel sized, with about 25-50 spread out over the hood. They have not etched. Anyone else having this problem? Oh, I used Collinite in the fall and I NXT`d it about 1 month ago. I don`t even know if it is related to the QEW and I`m not overly concerned about it, I am just curious.

mikebai1990
02-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Are the water spots appearing after you do a QEW wash? If not, then the spots are probably from precipitation of some sort.

Cassman
02-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Are the water spots appearing after you do a QEW wash? If not, then the spots are probably from precipitation of some sort.

Sorry about the confusion. No, they are not immediate. In other words, I do the wash. I drive the car and the car gets wet/dirty, etc. Then, after the car sits in the garage overnight, I see it in the morning and the above described spots are present. I know the spots are from precipitation. I just never noticed such spots before using QEW. Before QEW, the hood was just uniformly "dirty". Now, when I go to wash the car the next time, I have to work a bit to get the spots off. In other words, instead of just letting the mitt flow over the hood, I have to lightly scrub the spots to get them to go away. I don`t know if there is something about the QEW that promotes this and I am wondering if I am the only one who has this issue.

mikebai1990
02-21-2007, 02:39 PM
The spotting you are talking about is probably promoted more so by the wax protection than QEW. The wax is causing any precipitation to form beads, thus creating water spots. But they shouldn`t be dime sized.. That would a bit too big. Maybe some pictures will help.

Cassman
02-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I never noticed that type of spotting with just wax. Some are actually quarter sized. I wonder if there is some QEW residue that remains on the paint that may be promoting it. For what its worth, I have had to QEW in a very cold garage. I`ll try to get some photos up by tomorrow. Thanks.