PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Ebony

ron231
02-21-2007, 04:24 AM
Im thinking I wanna try this because its black and whenever I wax yellow or white residue is stuck in all the little stone chips that I still havent filled yet, and zymol ebony is black.

I was only able to find a few reviews, one person had a 99 nissan maxima and loved it but thats about it, have any of you guys ever used ebony?

Its not that I am a zymol fan or anything, never even used them, but its the only black wax I can find.

chutney
02-21-2007, 04:46 AM
In my opinion there is no correlation between the color of the wax and the color of the residue. After curing all waxes turn white IMO.

imported_themightytimmah
02-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Top of the Line sells a black wax. I have heard nothing but complaints about it. Ebony might be better, but IIRC the black wax still looks terrible when it gets into chips.

DM101
02-21-2007, 03:33 PM
The color of your wax has nothing to with how it turns out. The wax is the only thing that bonds and it is not black.

velobard
02-21-2007, 04:18 PM
The color of your wax has nothing to with how it turns out.

Sure it can! :chuckle:

http://www.turtlewax.com/img/products/pop_2_1_4_5_1.jpg

Turtle Wax - Color Magic Car Polish (http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,5)

To my shame, years ago and long before my Autopian days I tried this stuff once. :o Never again. Yeah, it kinda works....for a little while at least. The best thing I can say for it is that it doesn`t leave a white residue.

SubyDude
02-21-2007, 05:17 PM
i like ebony. but if i were you i would not bother. ebony is for non clearcote black finishes. take care of the chips instead of wasting the cash on a wax that your probably don`t need.

ron231
02-21-2007, 06:25 PM
i like ebony. but if i were you i would not bother. ebony is for non clearcote black finishes. take care of the chips instead of wasting the cash on a wax that your probably don`t need.

Have you used it on clearcoats?

CalgaryDetail
02-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Any high end wax should not casue a yellowing effect. no matter how it is used or applied.

I would recomend trying a higher end wax before ebony (it is not a wax ment for clearcoated finishes)

If you want to go with zymol you could use Carbon or Creme.

However there are better waxes

My fav. being Victoria wax- Concours (search it on detail city and you will find an eclipse I did with it)

you could aslo go with p21s, soverien, other zymols, ect.

The list is endless, but I would use ebony as a last resort