PDA

View Full Version : MY Menzurna PO106FF+ FMJ EXPERIENCE

imported_Devilsown
02-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Car: 2003 Mini Cooper S- Pure Silver

Tools: Me and my PC

Pads: CCS Green, white, black, red

Produts: Menzurna PO106FF, FP2, FT, FMJ

Fisrt off Started by washing the car (duh) and gave it a really good cleaning, used my Meguires Detailer Shampoo Plus, really good soap for the $. I pulled it in to my garge and had to wait for my crappy space heater to warm up the garauge to 60f+, and I went to work. I started with the PO106FF with the Green pad, after long debate I basicly said f... this and put it on a speed setting of 6, I REALLY took my time on this polish, WOW I thought my paint was nice before. PO106FF took out or REALLY lightend all my small scratces and EVEN made my rock mare I got on my hood intake almost non existant, well compated to what it was, with the damage in it I thought a re-spary was in order. I took off all the film or haze that was left over and was truly amazed with how this turned out. The whole car was smooth as well glass, the whole car was "soft" and slick, and well just glossly and wet looking, I thought well if it looks like this now cant wait till its done. I also went over the car with lower speed settings with the Final polish 2 with a white pad, and the Finishing Touch Glaze with the black pad, After all that was done and removed I still couldnt belive what these products were doing it just seemed to get slicker and add more gloss. NOW THE FMJ...

I was a bit skeptical at first being a Die hard Klasse AIO and Sealant user, but figured ah hell wh not try something new. So I misted my pad and put some FMJ on it. It went of really smooth at a speed setting of about 3 1/2 I qucikly went over the whole car ensuring not to miss a spot. I did make some mistakes and hit my black plastic trim... at that point I was Like OH crap white stuff, but it still has yet to leave a mark... SO it was time to use my Dragon Cloth for the first time... I dont know if it was the cloth or the product or both but OMFG by far the easyist stuff to take off, I mean WOW. So I did another coat by the PC, and 2 more by hand (I like to layer), took it all off and was SO SO IMPRESSED WITH THE RESULTS!!!! Never I mean never has my mini paint looked so glossy, been this soft smooth and scratch free scine well the factory...Now to pull it outside into the sunlight... It got even better my sliver paint has so much snap, so clear, and it really stood out. Not to call klasse a bad product (cause its not) I will only use Menzurna Products on my Mini from now on.

I also went to get some pictures of it, camera battary dead... charged it overnight... forgot about to take photos of it, and did my things around town, When I got back I have never seen my hatch so clean still after driving usally dirt and all that good jazz gets kicked up and sticks but It still had its just "waxed" look to it with minamal dust on it, sweet. Sure enought It rained today and well I did get some dirt on it but I just rinsed it with the hose and it looked clean again nothing seems to want to stick to FMJ this stuff is amazing. I also went ahead and wahed my car again, and when it came to drying it it was a snap, most of the water ran off the car before I got a chance to dry it. I dryed it and put another coat one for good mesure

I would highly reccomend this Product Line to ANYONE who asks, by far best bang for the buck I have spent so far.

Thanks

RyanDe680
02-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Great to hear... Where did you purchase your products from? About how long did the process of applying and then removing product take you?

imported_Devilsown
02-21-2007, 06:31 AM
I got all my stuff from Classic Motoring Accessories - Car Care and Detailing Supplies (http://www.properautocare.com/), and as I took my sweet time (nothing better to do....about 5hours start to finish to include doing my interior, clean/conditon leather, vaccum, ect.

joshtpa
02-21-2007, 08:06 AM
It is properautocare.com

They highly recommend this line as well as Blackfire.

ptaylor_9849
02-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Devilsown, I have been using Menzerna products for over a year now. I also bought from Proper Auto in Florida but then I found this site which I really like because you can share ideas, tips & tricks on this forum. You can learn so much more here. The only thing that worries me about FMJ is that water beading was gone in a matter of weeks. Even though I have a few hundred dollars of Menzerna products, I can`t help but be tempted to try Zaino for a comparison test. I just traded this MX-5 for my vette. This car was done using all Menzerna products and a P/C. I hope I can make my vette look this good but I`m not so sure. I thought I was hot stuff working on regular cars. Then I tried the same products & techniques on the vette and OH BOY. Even my dragon fiber microfiber towel scratches this car. Here comes another learning curve.http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/ptaylor_9849/100_0426.jpg?t=1172064415http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/ptaylor_9849/100_0424.jpg?t=1172064493

ptaylor_9849
02-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Josh, the reason they push Blackfire is because that`s their personal line of product. I tried it and sent it back. I felt the Menzerna was much better. On another note, does anyone know how to make photos appear on top of eachother? Every time I load pictures they appear side by side instead of stacked on top of one another.

Thanks,

Patrick

docker
02-21-2007, 09:18 AM
"OMFG by far the easyist stuff to take off, I mean WOW"

I second that!

Been using FMJ for a couple years now and really, really like it. IME, FMJ and BF are 2 of the easiest on and easiest off of all products. Typically treat with HGAS and this combination has been phenominal for me. Great looks and durability.

I`ve not used the Menz polishes yet, but am looking forward to this coming spring. I think I`m going to get 2x FMJ on, then top with CS and treat with Z8. Should be a fantastic combo, not to mention last a very, very, long time (fingers crossed).

porta
02-21-2007, 11:31 AM
PO106FF is one of the best polishes in the world, a polish you can use to do everything, like the PO85RD3.02.

But why did you use the FPII after PO106FF?

imported_rydawg
02-21-2007, 12:01 PM
I also have been using 106ff for about 10 months now and I am very impressed with the spectacular clarity and gloss. It also makes the finish razor sharp clear. On my best details I will normally use a rotory with a wool pad with a light cut polish, and then use the pc and a white lc pad with 106ff and it will remove every buffer trail mark and leave a ultra glossy smooth surface I have ever seen. I can turn paint into pools of colored water! 106ff is the best finish polish period!

Patrick: That Mazda is amazing and I hope your Vette comes out the same! I also did not have much luck with the fmj also, even on a totally prepped surface. It lost it`s slickness, clarity, and beeding ability in 3 to 4 weeks on a 68 mustang show car that is always in a garage. Wierd!

SpoiledMan
02-21-2007, 12:24 PM
But why did you use the FPII after PO106FF?

Wondering the same thing.

FMJ is terribly easy to use.:)

imported_Devilsown
02-21-2007, 07:03 PM
I steped it down due to force a habit, (first time useing PO106FF) looking at it I really didnt think i needed to but figured I have nothing else better to do today so what the hey.. other wise I have no reasoning behind it.

SpoiledMan
02-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Just for future reference, 106FF leaves a better finish than FPII.