PDA

View Full Version : Natty`s blue question

ADauphin
02-20-2007, 11:41 PM
After reading many many posts I understand most of the products bond on the molecular level. I have a black envoy and seems like whenever I use the NB it just doesn`t want to cooperate with the KSG. I use very small amounts of each and just barely use any of the KSG. The surface looks good with the KSG but after the NB it`s almost impossible to remove the swirls. Maybe I`m doing something wrong or maybe I should try the Zaino`s...dunno. I read the twins may have a new recipe:nixweiss , either case I bought mine last summer if that matters. Can I skip the KSG and use something else after the AIO....should I try the Zaino products?

imported_bigfoot
02-21-2007, 12:16 AM
After reading many many posts I understand most of the products bond on the molecular level. I have a black envoy and seems like whenever I use the NB it just doesn`t want to cooperate with the KSG. I use very small amounts of each and just barely use any of the KSG. The surface looks good with the KSG but after the NB it`s almost impossible to remove the swirls. Maybe I`m doing something wrong or maybe I should try the Zaino`s...dunno. I read the twins may have a new recipe:nixweiss , either case I bought mine last summer if that matters. Can I skip the KSG and use something else after the AIO....should I try the Zaino products?

Are you leaving the KSG enough time to cure? It requires betwen 12-24 hours to completely bond to the surface, of course, weather dependant. If you wax often, and I mean every 1-2months, and is not a daily driver, I don`t see the need for sealant. KAIO is a good base for any wax, so there should not be any problems at all with KAIO followed by NB. I personally love NB and it`s excelent in my opinion.

Just a little thought hoping it helps...

Joey

Scottwax
02-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Only things I can think of is SG hasn`t cured or you are using too much NB.

imported_Grouse
02-21-2007, 12:48 AM
NB can be a pain if a sealant has not fully cured. It does this with FMJ. This is part of the reason why i give fmj 12 hours to cure for the first coat, and at least 4 for the super light 2nd coat. After that NB seems to go on and off fine.

chutney
02-21-2007, 04:19 AM
The surface looks good with the KSG but after the NB it`s almost impossible to remove the swirls.

Do you mean streaks, because NB can`t remove swirls just hiding them a bit.

If it is streaking, you can also try the WOWO method with NB beside letting cure KSG for minimal 12 hours.

ADauphin
02-21-2007, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the tips...I was not letting the KSG cure for that long, maybe a few hours at best. As for swirls, yes I was meaning streaks...sorry, bad choice of terms :) I will try again this weekend and let you know what happens, I will also try a fender w/o the KSG and see how it turns out.

mose
02-22-2007, 07:06 PM
So NB over KAIO and KSG is a good combo?

I am getting ready to do my Accord again http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/80691-01-accord-nighthawk-black-pearl.html?highlight=mose and was wondering if that combo would work OK.

Thanks guys!!

BigJimZ28
02-23-2007, 10:42 AM
So NB over KAIO and KSG is a good combo?

yes it looks good on black

gocubbies
02-23-2007, 10:52 AM
all sealants need 12-24 hour cure time before anything touches them. weather it be anothere product or the weather. i have heard that the polycharger cuts sure time in half. have not tried it but just heard it.