PDA

View Full Version : Long time reader , first time poster

duffman
02-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I drive a silver 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab and I have always been very serious about keeping it spotless and smooth as glass.. I have also been addicted to this website for months now checking it everyday (I Lve the click and brag).. Anyway, a few weeks ago i decided to order the klasse kit (because of all the great reviews on this site) but its been to cold here to use it. So heres my plan, before spring gets here i want to get a PC. I was looking at the 200$ kit on this site. Would i be good to go with that PC kit and the klasse kit i already have?

Thanks, Bryan :usa

chutney
02-21-2007, 04:26 AM
:welcome Welcome to Autopia. You are not the only addict here.:D

In my experience I never use my orbital (makita) with the klasse twins. Its so easy doing it by hand.

You could use your PC with AIO if you want to remove very minor swirls.

Accumulator
02-21-2007, 01:00 PM
..i want to get a PC. I was looking at the 200$ kit on this site. Would i be good to go with that PC kit and the klasse kit i already have?

Depends on the condition of the paint. If you have any significant marring (scratches, "swirls", etc.) you`ll need something more aggressive than the AIO. AIO has never removed any marring for me. I`m not sure what to recommend as my usual pre-Klasse recommendations (3M PI-III Rubbing Compound 05933 and Machine Glaze 05937)were discontinued a while back and are getting hard to find.

FWIW I like using AIO by machine but I prefer to apply KSG by hand, it`s easier for me to get a think application that way.

Oh, and welcome to Autopia! The klasse oughta look nice on your silver truck and it`ll be very durable.

duffman
02-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks everyone

The paint on my truck is in pretty good condition. But i have friends and family with messed up paint so i figure i will work on their cars too.

So heres what i am looking at

I already have Klasse AIO & SG (never used, as i bought it over the winter when i got into this site)

Next week I plan on buying

The PC With pad kit for 200$

SFX-1 for 10$

P21S for 27$

Does this detail plan sound ok ?

Wash

clay

wash

sfx-1 or megs 83 with PC (not on my truck but on my girlfriends mess of a car)

KAIO with PC

KSG

P21s with PC

One more question, the website store checkout asked for a cupon code does anyone know what the code is? thanks

duffman
02-22-2007, 03:19 PM
anyone..anyone.. something d o o economics.... anyone voo doo economics....

ZeroDfx
02-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Your process looks good to me without knowing exactly how serious the marring is on your g-friend`s car, which will determine whether the SFX-1 will resolve the problems.

You might consider getting the S100 wax at your local Harley-Davidson store since it`s the same as the P21S but at 1/2 the price.

Nick

duffman
02-22-2007, 04:46 PM
s1oo huh ,ok cool thanks for the tip

Accumulator
02-22-2007, 05:21 PM
duffman- The products I use before Klasse (3M PI-III RC 02933 and MG 05937) were discontinued and are getting hard to find. I`d probably look at Hi-Temp and Menzerna products (check out Top of the Line Auto Detailing Supplies (http://www.topoftheline.com/index.html) ) if you want to conside something besides the SFX line.

duffman
02-22-2007, 05:27 PM
i am up for anything, I am new to this level of work so i am only going by what i read on here.

Lets say her car has light to med swirls and scratches. what would be a good beginner polish to use with the PC??

Accumulator
02-22-2007, 06:32 PM
You might get a zillion replies, all of which are probably gonna be OK. I`d try to track down the two PI-III products (call your local autobody/paint supply place, they might still have some, my local one does). Or Hi-Temp Heavy Cut leveler followed by Optimum Car Polish. Or something from Menzerna.