PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna PO106FF vs PO106FA, differences.

Pages : [1] 2

Changeling
02-20-2007, 05:09 PM
My intention is not to turn this into an argument on the best polishes. It is simply to find out the differences between the above two polishes. There has been some "reasoning" of the differences but somewhat vague with no experience in differences between the two.

If you have any knowledge I would certainly appreciate hearing about it.

Changeling

Changeling
02-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Forgot to add. Seems I do this a lot!

It is important for me to know if these polishes will really break down correctly with a PC. Since I know they were designed with the new Super hard clear coats in mind, therefore my concern if the PC will produce enough heat to accomplish the breakdown process.

Changeling

imported_Devilsown
02-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Menzerna PO106FF vs PO106FA, assuming you want to know the diffrances between the two... NOW not 100% but about 90-97% sure that they are one in the same the PO106FF is just the newer formula.

NOW I just used the PO106FF on my 03 mini cooper s with the PC and the the CCS green pad and all I have to say is this stuff is great I love it I used it on the 6 speed setting in spot (most of the car) and it gave me a SUPER SLICK SUPER GLOSSY resaults before my 5 layaers of FMJ which is also my fisrt time useing, I never, have used a product that went on SO easy, AND CAME OFF EVEN EASIER!!! I have yet to notice any white marks on my black trim or any thing WOW WOW AND WOW is all I have to say, the shine is amazing the beading is great and its SOOO slick.

I used the CCS Green pad for the PO106FF, and a red CCS pad for FMJ, and a handcoat with a supersoft applicatr I got from Menzerna FMJ (http://www.properautocare.com/menzernafmj.html)

well I hope that helped let me know, anyone feel free to correct me...

Scottwax
02-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Don`t know the differences but I do know that 106FF works great via PC.

maesal
02-21-2007, 03:56 AM
PO106FA dusts less as I know. I used both and didn`t find big differences. In my next detail I`ll use both and I`ll compare. Both are incredible finishing polishes, an amazing finish and enough cut to remove swirls in a soft-medium clear coat using them via rotary.

porta
02-21-2007, 11:35 AM
I have been using both today, less dusting with the FA and I find it to break down faster...but I am not realy sure. Had very little time to test beacuse we were in a hurry.

Same gloss.

maesal
02-21-2007, 11:51 AM
I have been using both today, less dusting with the FA and I find it to break down faster...but I am not realy sure. Had very little time to test beacuse we were in a hurry.

Same gloss.

Very difficult to say if one breaks down faster. I`ll check the same in my next detail.

Regards my friend !!

velobard
02-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Where have you found the FA version?

maesal
02-21-2007, 01:03 PM

A good friend of mine (jgv) was in Automekanica and gave me a 106FA sample:

http://detalhe.net/images/DSC01225.jpg

Regards.

porta
02-21-2007, 01:18 PM
My friend recieved a 330z bottle of PO106FA so he gave me a sample of ~4oz.

Changeling
02-21-2007, 01:45 PM

That was my next question also, I haven`t been able to find it on the Internet.

I sent an email to Menzerna from there web site which was in German! I used English, I don`t speak German, so I don`t know if I will get an answer or not.

I was under the impression that the PO106FA was the latest version of PO106FF, I could be wrong!:think2

Changeling

velobard
02-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Well from my online search so far and the comments here, I`m getting the impression that FA isn`t on the market yet. Does anyone have any insight on when it might be available??? Or for the matter, if it will even be sold in the US?

porta
02-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I donĂ‚´t think we will see it on the market soon, maybee a couple of months away?

AL-53
02-21-2007, 02:06 PM
maybe it is the same as the Blackfire polish with the added lubricants...I do not think CMA adds any stuff to 106FF to make the blackfire here.....but never know...

Speculation here..

Menzerna makes the Blackfire polish for CMA..they may have seen a market for it and now make it under Menzerna`s name also calling it 106FA

AL

sspeer
02-21-2007, 02:11 PM
maybe it is the same as the Blackfire polish with the added lubricants...I do not think CMA adds any stuff to 106FF to make the blackfire here.....but never know...

Speculation here..

Menzerna makes the Blackfire polish for CMA..they may have seen a market for it and now make it under Menzerna`s name also calling it 106FA

AL

Kind of what I have in my mind. 106FA seems to claim the same benefits as BF SRC FP...added lubricants for workabiltiy and less dusting.

If it is the same thing, I`d doubt you`d see it sold wherever the BF is sold..similar to how JW and Carlack68 don`t share any markets