PDA

View Full Version : Hows this sound for detailing set up

Saleenfan
02-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Ok i think i finally have all the "right stuff" let me know what you think

I will first be detailing my car to make sure it works but what your guys input first.

Cars detailing:

Mine: 2001 Mustang Laser red (metallic)

Freinds:

2002 BMW Z8 Black (nonmetallic)

1997 BMW Z3 Black (nonmatallic)

2001 Viper Coupe black and silver stripes (Nonmetallic)

All are very well taken car of but i want to take them that extra mile so wont require much polishing if any at all.

Wash: Sonus gloss shampoo

Clay Bar: Sonus Green

Polish: Meguires Swirl remover (like I said not much polishing needed)

Sealer: Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (a few layers)

Nuba topper: Im thinking P21s or Swissol Onyx (is onyx really 3-4 times better to warrant the price?) Havent bought yet I also am looking at Zymol Carbon SO input here is apreciated

Tires: IM thinkin Adams VRT

Wheel Wells: Meguiar`s Hot Shine spray

Am i missing anything? (other than interoir)

O yeah do you think i should take a look at CS for a final topper spray?

chutney
02-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Looks pretty good to me. I would include Klasse AIO before the sealant to remove any polish left.

P21S is very good. One of my favourites.

Dont`t forget the trim (303 Aerospace protectant maybe) and the tires to complete the detail.

Good luck.

Saleenfan
02-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Looks pretty good to me. I would include Klasse AIO before the sealant to remove any polish left.

P21S is very good. One of my favourites.

Dont`t forget the trim (303 Aerospace protectant maybe) and the tires to complete the detail.

Good luck.

Probably a good call on the AIO

For the trim i was going to ask as well the previous owner got some wax on the trim of my mustang whats the best way to remove it? Also give me a recomendation for trim, or would Adams VRT work for that as well?

chutney
02-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Probably a good call on the AIO

For the trim i was going to ask as well the previous owner got some wax on the trim of my mustang whats the best way to remove it? Also give me a recomendation for trim, or would Adams VRT work for that as well?

AIO will remove the wax of the trim. I use 303 Aerospace Protectant for the trim and for the interior plastics.

Don`t know about Adams, never used it.