PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use ONR and Quick Shine?

Grimm
02-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I`ve read a lot about Quick Shine being a great QD, and also about ONR being good as a QD. Is there anyone that has used both that can comment? I want a good all around QD, but it will mostly see duty cleaning up my convertible that gets a bit dusty in the garage. I`m planning to get some ONR, and I`m trying to decide if I want to get both.

chutney
02-20-2007, 12:22 PM
I think that Quik Shine is the best QD, but ONR has more versatility. You can use it as a waterless wash, a clay lubricant and a QD. As a QD you can make your own concentration depending of the dirt to take off.

If I had to choose between the 2, I would take the ONR.

Grimm
02-20-2007, 12:26 PM
I was wondering if that were the case. I actually have rarely ever used a QD before. I have some Meguiars that is almost gone that I`ve only used occasionally on the convertible before a show or something. So I really don`t even know what I`m expecting in a QD. I suspect the ONR will fill the bill, but it would also be nice to have something that will give the added shine that I`ve read about on here.

GBSLambo
02-20-2007, 01:20 PM
:nono I heard they both cause orange peel on Pontiacs in Muskegon.:nana:

Grimm
02-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Nah, that would be from my waxing with black shoe polish :D

abbeysdad
02-20-2007, 01:32 PM
I don`t know about Quik Shine, but I think ONR is great and as mentioned, works for no rinse washing, clay lube and QD. I use it at 8oz/gal as both a wash spray and QD.

The stuff is great - cleans and shines and it`s surfactants/lunbricants even leaves a rainx like finish on glass which suggests to me that it does the same thing on the paint.

tyoung
02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
I use both. The ONR is of course a top notch cleaner, and it does leave some shine. QS is more for an already clean, or very lightly dusty car that needs a shine boost. If I do a quick ONR wipe down, I`ll go over it with something like QS to get a great pop from the paint.

TN9thSi
02-20-2007, 04:07 PM
ONR works pretty well as a QD, but is not nearly as slick as QuikShine. If my car is only slightly dirty, I`ll use ONR in a sprayer with an MF. Then I QS. Lots of gloss and instant slickness.

Scottwax
02-20-2007, 04:55 PM
ONR works pretty well as a QD, but is not nearly as slick as QuikShine. If my car is only slightly dirty, I`ll use ONR in a sprayer with an MF. Then I QS. Lots of gloss and instant slickness.

Same. I have multiple gallons of both!

imported_DieselMDX
02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
quickshine is made by what company?

Bioman
02-20-2007, 05:11 PM
quickshine is made by what company?

Clearkote...you have too much stuff, lol.

imported_DieselMDX
02-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Clearkote...you have too much stuff, lol.

LMAO I am dieing here!!!!!!!!!!!