PDA

View Full Version : All-in-ones? Need help.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Johnnie27
02-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey Guys-

I`m looking to clean wax or polish my truck and my wifes car soon. I`m trying to avoid claying, wax, polish, etc. and just trying to do one of them, not all. I`m just looking to restore the paint and get some gunk off, nothing major. I`ve read great reviews about Klasse`s AIO and Zaino`s AIO. I`ve also heard that Klasse changed their formula about a year ago to meet VOC compliance standards and hasn`t been as good since the change.

I`m really not into detailing my truck every weekend or even washing it. However, I want to take care of the paint on both of our cars while we have them. What would you guys say my best options are and what products? I also heard that claying is highly recommended.

Thanks,

J

imported_rydawg
02-20-2007, 12:51 AM
I have used both and still do. The Zaio is the best AIO product there is. Klasse is now a week product after the voc change but it is still good. Zaio fixes mild oxidation and will leave a great shine in one fast easy one step. I am not a fan of one steps, but ZAIO kick butt and I will be using it often. Also works great by hand and amazing with a pc with a LC white pad.

Johnnie27
02-20-2007, 01:07 AM
I will definitely be doing it by hand. Can ZAIO be bought locally or does it have to be ordered online?

imported_rydawg
02-20-2007, 01:08 AM
onlineZaino Store (http://zainostore.com)

Very fast shipping though

imported_DieselMDX
02-20-2007, 01:09 AM
I will definitely be doing it by hand. Can ZAIO be bought locally or does it have to be ordered online?

online only

u can also use optimum poliseal which is 10 dollars cheaper and can be used by hand also.

I have used poliseal/aio but not zaio either one you choose you will be happy with

imported_rydawg
02-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Hey Guys-

I`m looking to clean wax or polish my truck and my wifes car soon. I`m trying to avoid claying, wax, polish, etc. and just trying to do one of them, not all. I`m just looking to restore the paint and get some gunk off, nothing major. I`ve read great reviews about Klasse`s AIO and Zaino`s AIO. I`ve also heard that Klasse changed their formula about a year ago to meet VOC compliance standards and hasn`t been as good since the change.

I`m really not into detailing my truck every weekend or even washing it. However, I want to take care of the paint on both of our cars while we have them. What would you guys say my best options are and what products? I also heard that claying is highly recommended.

Thanks,

J

What colors are they?

sspeer
02-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Jeff Werkstatt`s Prime:Strong has been compared to pre-VOC Klasse AIO. Both are German Acrylic technology..JW is just a newer generation of it

Johnnie27
02-20-2007, 01:38 AM
What colors are they?

My truck is silver and my wifes car is maroon.

gmblack3
02-20-2007, 02:16 AM
I have had ZAIO (beta version) on my white acura legend for 45 days now, its still holding up very well. Its a daily driver that sits at the airport 10 hrs a day.

coupe
02-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Hey Guys-

Thanks,

J

I gotta be honnest, it dosent sound like you want to "properly" take care of your vehicles. You would be better off paying an autopian to do it for you, at least that way it will be done right.

joshtpa
02-20-2007, 08:14 AM
I have had ZAIO (beta version) on my white acura legend for 45 days now, its still holding up very well. Its a daily driver that sits at the airport 10 hrs a day.

:bestwish CONGRATS ON YOUR 2000TH POST

justin30513
02-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Poorboy`s Polish with Sealant (PwS) is one awesome product. I use it everyday. It has no abrasives so it`s cutting power is pad dependent. It`s cleaning power is like none I`ve ever used. Cleans metal too. Takes water spots out of glass and will not stain trim. It virtually vanishes while using it so clean up is easy. Works in full sun as well. I`m getting 2 months durability.

imported_Nimble
02-20-2007, 09:43 AM
I`d think any of the above recommendations would work great for you, but I`m surprised no one has told you that claying is a must before a AIO product is used. It`s a waste of time polishing a surface full of brake/rail dust, embedded dirt, etc. You can clay your car easily in a hour, then put on the ZAIO, JWP, or PB`s PwC/S.

sspeer
02-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I gotta be honnest, it dosent sound like you want to "properly" take care of your vehicles. You would be better off paying an autopian to do it for you, at least that way it will be done right.

I can`t fault them for asking..

It`s not practical (time, financially, or sanity) for most to get too OCD about it. The fact they`re here makes me think they do want to properly take care of their vehicle..at least better than 95% of the general public.

But I wouldn`t skip the clay bar, especially for the first time..it`ll improve the feel and possibly the durabilty of the finish by a magnitude. I don`t think you`d regret spending that extra 30 minutes.

BigJimZ28
02-20-2007, 10:08 AM
claying is cheap($10 @ autozone)

and very easy and will make a big difference

in how the car looks I would at least add that to your AIO

or just pay someone to do it