PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s Professional Polish

CharlesW
05-01-2005, 03:23 PM
First thing first.
Klasse AIO is one of my favorite products, but.....

Recently, I pressure washed a house that had painted steel siding. It turned out great except for a few spots of discoloration that appeared to be on and not in the paint.
Grabbed my trusty AIO and started working on it.
Bummer, didn`t do a thing, and I worked pretty hard at it.

Next up was my Poorboy`s Professional Polish. Wow!. With very little effort the stains were gone. In this instance it cleaned so much better than the AIO that it was really no contest.
Next week-end I plan to try Poorboy`s PwC on a spot that I left to see if it has comparable cleaning power to the Pro Polish.

Anyway, before you try something really abrasive to remove any stubborn stains, you might want to give the Pro Polish a try.

Charles

scrub
05-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Is there any tips or special techniques with applying Pro Polish by hand? I`ve been hesitant to use this product due to posts about how difficult it is to use. I really like AIO. Do you think this could replace AIO? Or was that not the point of comparing the 2 products? I do realize AIO leaves some acrylic protection behind that the Pro polish wouldn`t. I`m looking forward to your reply.

Thanks
Rick

CharlesW
05-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Is there any tips or special techniques with applying Pro Polish by hand? I`ve been hesitant to use this product due to posts about how difficult it is to use. I really like AIO. Do you think this could replace AIO? Or was that not the point of comparing the 2 products? I do realize AIO leaves some acrylic protection behind that the Pro polish wouldn`t. I`m looking forward to your reply.

Thanks
RickSince it was the first time I have used the Pro Polish on a painted surface, I can`t give you much in the way of tips.
It seems like the big problem people have with PP is using too much. With that in mind, I used just a drop at a time and simply rubbed until it seemed to disappear, (as well as the stain). I then just wiped off what little residue there was. It was really quite easy to use, but keep in mind I was doing spot areas no larger than 3" x 3".
I am a big fan of AIO and the protection it leaves as well as being a good cleaner is a big reason I use it. 4 Star UPP over a base of AIO seems to last for a long time. Longer than I can leave the vehicles alone.
The Professional Polish does appear to be a better cleaner than the AIO, but I`m not quite ready to give my AIO up yet.
My point was basically that the Pro Polish seems to be a very effective cleaner. If I had a heavily oxidized vehicle, I think it would be something I would try. Based on my limited use, it would seem that the Pro Polish would be more effective than the AIO.

Charles

mgm2003
05-02-2005, 07:48 AM
I`m no expert either.... but I think Pro polish does a fantastic job on the following applications:

-Water marks on windows.
-Chrome (really does a nice job cleaning up exhaust tips)
-tar remover
-a good cleaner `prep` step for PB wheel sealer.

It doesn`t have the polymer protection AIO offers, but it is a little more versatile in cleaning chores.

laefd
05-02-2005, 08:04 AM
I`m also a fan of AIO and ran into a "Poorboy`s Pro Polish" moment recently when the wife wanted the shower door replaced as she was tired of all the water spots. Let`s see here now, spend the money on a new shower door or spend a few minutes cleaning and polishing and buy more "stuff" with the money saved?

Knowing I didn`t want to waste my AIO I figured I`d try the PPP - better yet, why not show the wife just how much fun it was! After just a few minutes of "look dear, this stuff really works!" I had her converted and polishing away. By the way, the PPP works WONDERS on the glass door and all of the other bathroom fixtures as well - a little goes a very long way.

Now, on to more serious matters....what can I buy with all the money I saved.

Boss_429
05-02-2005, 08:13 AM
I`m no expert either.... but I think Pro polish does a fantastic job on the following applications:

-Water marks on windows.
-Chrome (really does a nice job cleaning up exhaust tips)
-tar remover
-a good cleaner `prep` step for PB wheel sealer.

It doesn`t have the polymer protection AIO offers, but it is a little more versatile in cleaning chores.
I would agree! :D

Koop
05-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Pro polish is probabl the most under used and underated product I know of. If you are lookig for a verstile product this is it. You can remove scratch marks from 1500 grit sand paper with the right pad on a rotory with it and then polish with it using an app and be done! It`s a fabulous metal polish, glass polish and plastic polish. It`s one of my fav products. You just can`t use it enough. I cleaned my stainless steel sink last weekend with it, and it came out great!

mtwedt
05-03-2005, 12:46 PM
I love PP and have purchased the quart size when it was on sale at WholesaleMN. I don`t find it difficult to use on a polishing pad with the PC at all and do entire cars with it as a chemical cleaner. I use it on my wheels as well before VM and PB wheel sealent. It does a great job on metal....I haven`t tried it on windows yet but that`s a great idea too.

Tarios
05-04-2005, 11:10 AM
I just used PP on a sport bike a CBR 600 I think its an late 90 k=model..
Well it wprked amazingly on it..I ll post pics when I`m done./.-maybe 30 minutes.

I had a hard time when I first used PP on my truck..but I learned it curve...its not that hard to remove.. just you VEEEEEERY little...

Actualy I was generous woith it on the bike..maybe because is all plastic (fairngs etc)
it came off pretty esy..