PDA

View Full Version : I need help hard water spots or somethin

93v6legend
02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
When i was washin my car the water spots are still there they been there for months and i tired to use vinegar and water mix solution i didn`t see any results, it didn`t remove any hard water spots. I tried clayin the car it still didn`t work. I was hopin if i could use the rubbin compound stuff from advance autopart to see if that works. thanks For the help.

sixty7mustang22
02-19-2007, 09:41 PM
I think you will have to do some polishing to remove the spots.

You can remove them by hand with a good hand polish, but it will be 100X easier if you have a PC or rotary.

93v6legend
02-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Alright i will try do that with the pc cause it might be a lot easier. is there any other products that could be helpful

Thanks for the help

imported_MCA
02-19-2007, 10:13 PM
As sixty said, those might be water etchings and they require abrasive polishing. Do be careful, if you do have a `93 Acura Legend then you might have thin paint due to the age of your car. I`m not saying the paint will be thin, but just proceed with extra caution as the elements might have taken its toll.

Also, most rubbing compounds will remove scratches/water etchings with no problem but they tend to leave finer scratches/marring that will need to be polished out by a lesser abrasive product

Removing Water Spots courtesy of the Mayor of Autopia (http://guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=15)

joshtpa
02-20-2007, 07:42 AM
You could try DG water spot remover. It works very well and is not expensive at all. Check out Danase.com for a great deal.