PDA

View Full Version : CG Polishes Compared With PB SSR

Zinum
02-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Ive been using PB SSR polishes and have been looking at the CG body shop compounds. I`ve used the spider web polish and had so so results with it. Anyone have experience with both of these that can tell me if the CG line is as good as the PB?

And please dont turn this into a CG/PB whos better and bla bla bla post.

Thanks

Zinum
02-24-2007, 01:14 PM
No one has tried these two polishes to compare them?

Setec Astronomy
02-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I don`t think anyone wants to touch this topic. Maybe some CG`s user can compare the CG Body Shop compounds to their regular compounds, if that will help you. Perhaps you should delete this thread and start another asking for that.

Fobia
02-24-2007, 02:24 PM
i thought htey where the same?

imported_smprince1
02-24-2007, 02:49 PM
i thought htey where the same?

Nooooooooooooo ... don`t do that please:nervous2:

imported_themightytimmah
02-24-2007, 03:16 PM
CG`s body line is *alright* at best. I`ve used their medium cut polish, and compared to Poorboy`s SSR2.5 it cuts a little bit less but finishes a little bit nicer. It`s not particularly good.

Both Poorboy`s and CG polishes have been superseded by Menzerna, Optimum and Hi-Temp - any of those will deliver better gloss with less polishing steps (better diminishing abrasives, they cut harder and finish out better but they need to be worked slightly longer). If you`re looking to buy polishes by the gallon cheaply, Hi-Temp is the *only* way to go.

imported_mburnickas
02-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Both Poorboy`s and CG polishes have been superseded by Menzerna, Optimum and Hi-Temp - any of those will deliver better gloss with less polishing steps (better diminishing abrasives, they cut harder and finish out better but they need to be worked slightly longer). If you`re looking to buy polishes by the gallon cheaply, Hi-Temp is the *only* way to go.

All I know is poorboys on my rotary is a dust storm while Optimum is nice and clean. For me, you could not GIVE me PB ssr series.

holland_patrick
02-24-2007, 04:13 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/3Dog/beatdeadhorse.gif

Ive been using PB SSR polishes and have been looking at the CG body shop compounds. I`ve used the spider web polish and had so so results with it. Anyone have experience with both of these that can tell me if the CG line is as good as the PB?

Thanks

Zinum
02-24-2007, 04:34 PM
All I know is poorboys on my rotary is a dust storm while Optimum is nice and clean. For me, you could not GIVE me PB ssr series.

I also find that they dust. Thats why I wonder about CG. I use Menzerna and Megs polishes and I am happy with them, but I like to try out different products just to broaden the knowledge of whats out there, even if they end up in the useless bin.

Would it be better or different if I said... How do optimum compare to megs? :nixweiss Its 2 products, 2 brands. Get over the CG PB taboo.

imported_mburnickas
02-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I like CG stuff but the shipping price is a killer. I need to stop buying... :)

imported_themightytimmah
02-24-2007, 05:26 PM
I like CG stuff but the shipping price is a killer. I need to stop buying... :)

Heh, theres nothing worse than when you see what it costs to ship 5 gallons :(. It really cuts down on the price edge vs. getting Megs at my local distributor.

vwgtivw
02-24-2007, 05:34 PM
I think he is beating a dead horse IMO:waxing: