PDA

View Full Version : Pastes with PC.

ConglomrationAL
02-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I know you can use paste waxes like P21S with a PC, but does anyone actually do this? It would seem to me like it would be more annoying to take the whole thing out of the can instead of just taking out the neccesary amount by hand.

What do people do?

Thanks

~Albert

Eliot Ness
02-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I know you can use paste waxes like P21S with a PC, but does anyone actually do this? It would seem to me like it would be more annoying to take the whole thing out of the can instead of just taking out the neccesary amount by hand.

What do people do?

Thanks

~AlbertI either use a 4" pad that fits in the can easily, a small plastic putty knife to apply it to my pad, or use my Speed Stick Wax:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/82195-collinite-speed-stick-wax.html

atticdog
02-18-2007, 08:01 PM
yep 4" pads fits in most wax containers

imported_Surfer
02-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I never liked applying waxes/product by machine except for polishes obviously. But recently tried EX-P and Natty`s Blue on a 4" Edge Blue pad that Aaron custom made for me last year. This pad is ultra soft and absorbs the perfect amount of product. I can do my whole truck in 1/4 the normal time of doing it by hand witha foam pad. Plus it seemed the pad and PC made father use of product spreading, perfect even thin coat.

ConglomrationAL
02-18-2007, 09:15 PM
I like that speed stick wax. I gotta try that.

Evenflow
02-18-2007, 09:27 PM
I usually just take the whole paste out and rub it on the pad, or use a plastic razor and smudge some on the pad. Seems to work well.

blkyukon
02-18-2007, 09:49 PM

I always thought the same thing until I actually did it. Now I apply the majority of my wax/sealants with a PC...I use less wax and I can get an even coat over a larger area with the PC.

Here is a video using PS with the PC

Car Detailing Videos (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/autogeek/pinnacle/flash/) (click on waxing)

Eliot Ness Great Idea with the Speed Stick!!:2thumbs:

BigAl3
02-18-2007, 11:52 PM
using the pc with 4" pads to apply lsp`s is the way to go for me, and i haven`t had any problems doing so. 4" pads fit perfect in an average size paste tin, dip the pc/pad in the tin, swirl it around and you`re ready to go. also, you get a nice uniform coverage and are able to work the lsp into a thin haze and it`s a cinch to remove....

p.s. if you`re looking to get a 3.5" backing plate and 4" pads, patrick at exceldetail has them! http://www.prestoimages.net/graphics04/7518_pd284883.JPG :up

Mobilejay
02-19-2007, 12:09 AM
But recently tried EX-P and Natty`s Blue on a 4" Edge Blue pad that Aaron custom made for me last year. This pad is ultra soft and absorbs the perfect amount of product.

Are those pads out now? I just got my edge 2k kit in the other day and heard they were coming out with 4" pads but didnt know if they were out or not. SORRY FOR GETTING OFF SUBJECT.

ConglomrationAL
02-19-2007, 02:39 PM
No worries Jay.

Blk, those vids. are very helpful I think i`ll switch to applying lsp`s with PC from now on.

imported_Surfer
02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Are those pads out now? I just got my edge 2k kit in the other day and heard they were coming out with 4" pads but didnt know if they were out or not. SORRY FOR GETTING OFF SUBJECT.I think they just came out, not sure, may have to Check Autogeek as I think they got the 1st shipment, could be wrong. Aaron made me a custom 4" orange and 4" blue pads last year. The bluye is ultra ultra soft, moreso then their 6" white finishing pad which is excellent.

Like blkyukon above, I seem to use slightly less wax, and what I do is spray a light mist of qd`er on each panel and go to work, that and the PC seem to spread product much further. Light coating on the pad and I can do damn near a full side of the truck, can`t do that with a foam applicator. I have the yellow Pinnacle Applicators and after every panel or two I`d have to use a light wipe into the can, teh action of the PC and the fact that the blue pad holds the product right at the front seems to make better use.

Take from me, and I one that used to be against applying product by PC, but the 4" pads make a world of difference. They seem to hold the right amount of product, 6"`s seems to absorb to much especially if you use a liquid wax/sealant or glaze like XMT Finishing Glaze, I didn`t care for the glaze and I think its b/c the white pad absorbed it like water. I should have used the 4" blue or applied directly to the paint and buffed in.